crisu

Everybody is a enemy

I'm new to the game but I'm already starting to have bad habit. I kill everybody who is armed. I feel like if I won't do it then he will... and I have some nice gear - map, gps, nv, binoculars and other stuff so I'm scared to lose it to bullet in my back. I don't run into many players but when I do they are hostile and most of the time open fire first while I hold them at gun point - but what would you do if somebody was pointing gun at you...;) Should I build more trust to people or everybody is out there to get me and I'm doing the right thing?

I'm new to the game but I'm already starting to have bad habit. I kill everybody who is armed. I feel like if I won't do it then he will... and I have some nice gear - map, gps, nv, binoculars and other stuff so I'm scared to lose it to bullet in my back. I don't run into many players but when I do they are hostile and most of the time open fire first while I hold them at gun point - but what would you do if somebody was pointing gun at you...;) Should I build more trust to people or everybody is out there to get me and I'm doing the right thing?

You wanna become a Bandit? keep doing what you are doing,

Problem is right now, if you dont change, no one will, If you change, People will still kill ya right? :)

• Like 1

In case of you I would only trust people who you know from Steam, Skype etc.

You Kill On Sight and in my opinion you are doing the right thing, because you can't trust anybody you randomly meet in Chernarus.

But don't stick to your gear, you will lose it anyway some time and do not Log out in a firefight when you are about to die, face it like a man.

I never even thought about logging out when about to die - that would kill all thrill I'm having from pvp ;)

Honestly, if their not in your group, shoot. I have a group/clan (now made up of 2) with over 20 people. I don't like to KOS unless their a bandit but most of them think thats the only fun part of the game, so I let them do the dirty work and I fix them up afterwards. It's win win.

Rule number 1 - dont get attached to your gear, you WILL lose it.

• Like 2

There's no point in shooting at everyone. At least look first if they have a Hero skin or not. If they have hero skin, they are very unlikely to be a threat and you just lose a lot of humanity for killing them.

Edited by Wüstenfuchs
  • Like 2

There's no point in shooting at everyone. At least look first if they have a Hero skin or not. If they have hero skin, they are very unlikely to be a threat and you just lose a lot of humanity for killing them.

HE IS RIGHT!!....

did we ever learn so much about ourselves in others games, like in day z? ;)

Edited by diob
  • Like 1

:bandit:*sets his firerate to full* Edited by Pinkkifantti

Well there's a difference between shooting someone for being near you or in the general area and shooting someone that is a direct threat to you. I hope you know the difference as many players don't.

Personally I like to play as a ghost in Day Z, keeps me alive.

If you want to be friendly then you're doing it wrong.

If you want to be a bandit then you're doing it right.

Simple as that, really. Just do me a favour and don't hang around the coast killing n00bs for a bandage if you decide to be a bandit. No one likes a murder whore...

• Like 1

Rule 3. Realize that your going to die on every character: When I first started playing this game, I was always scared of seeing other playing and worried about dying. I didn't want to die because some bandit wanted my stuff, and to be honest with you, it kind of stopped me from having fun. I didn't like to go into hot-zones for fear of dying and I began to realize that I was removing a major aspect of the game, the risk. So the sooner you realize that your gonna loose your equipment sooner or later, the more fun your going to have.

Dont fear death, embrace it.. it makes you scared to make friends, to have fun etc etc. Might just aswell risk it

I have played so many deathmatch games, so trying my best to avoid conflict is a challenge, and makes the game more interesting.

I wander aimlessly, from one interesting looking location to another, trying to find that one rare thing, called a friendly player.

I only make exceptions on wookies with sniper rifles, I hate those things, quick kill and bury.

if you want to attempt to be a friendly then dont keep a KoS and dont sweat about losing your gear. i ran into a friendly last night, ended up giving him a soda as well... then got killed 10min later (and i confirmed it was not the same guy). spawned and already working on getting new gear :)

you need to answer for yourself, who do you want to be. do you want to be that menace who kills others just 'for shitz n gigglz'? or do you seek a more co-op gameplay experience? the choice is yours, and if you read the "Bandit Campfire" subforum, you will find that being a backstabbin baddie gives satisfaction to a lot of people, whom i wont judge upon their choice..

if you want to be friendly, i can tell you that taking the risk to trust people is definitely worth it.

yes, you will be shot. you will lose your gear. but you will also make friends, find people to play with, and thus get the opportunity to experience things you might otherwise miss.

everytime i seek out a patient, i have to trust that he wont to pay me with a bullet.. so far, every single one i met was more than grateful, all the gear i currently have i have got gifted from either patients or fellow medics whom i worked with.. i have died to glitches, hackers and bandits, i have been shot unconcious by a scared guy who didnt want to take chances, but it been all worth it. i have been saved by fellow survivors more often than i have died, people walked across the whole map to bring me morphine or food, i have been extracted from the wilderness by airborne ghilliewookies or crazy medics who drive their UAZ like Ken Fucking Block (you hear me SoulShaper?).. i have been picked up at respawn by merciful mercenaries who not only gave me a lift but also geared me up again..

long story short: trust is risk, but it pays off in the end..

its on you to make the choice who you want to be, and how you want to impact others: with humanity, or with a killing blow

• Like 1

did we ever learn so much about ourselves in others games, like in day z? ;)

This is an experiment after all :P

Not everyone is your enemy, some wont shoot you on sigh, you just had bad luck, that is all.

Well there's a difference between shooting someone for being near you or in the general area and shooting someone that is a direct threat to you. I hope you know the difference as many players don't.

Personally I like to play as a ghost in Day Z, keeps me alive.

yeah totally, i play like this too.

i only kill people if i NEED to. i usually try to play as as ghost, avoinding problems and looting to keep me alive, but if i see anything hostile, id fire first for sure.

you need to answer for yourself, who do you want to be. do you want to be that menace who kills others just 'for shitz n gigglz'? or do you seek a more co-op gameplay experience? the choice is yours, and if you read the "Bandit Campfire" subforum, you will find that being a backstabbin baddie gives satisfaction to a lot of people, whom i wont judge upon their choice..

if you want to be friendly, i can tell you that taking the risk to trust people is definitely worth it.

yes, you will be shot. you will lose your gear. but you will also make friends, find people to play with, and thus get the opportunity to experience things you might otherwise miss.

everytime i seek out a patient, i have to trust that he wont to pay me with a bullet.. so far, every single one i met was more than grateful, all the gear i currently have i have got gifted from either patients or fellow medics whom i worked with.. i have died to glitches, hackers and bandits, i have been shot unconcious by a scared guy who didnt want to take chances, but it been all worth it. i have been saved by fellow survivors more often than i have died, people walked across the whole map to bring me morphine or food, i have been extracted from the wilderness by airborne ghilliewookies or crazy medics who drive their UAZ like Ken Fucking Block (you hear me SoulShaper?).. i have been picked up at respawn by merciful mercenaries who not only gave me a lift but also geared me up again..

long story short: trust is risk, but it pays off in the end..

its on you to make the choice who you want to be, and how you want to impact others: with humanity, or with a killing blow

ain't no one around here that Drives that UAZ like i do, got you from A to B almost as fast as a chopper ;)

• Like 1

I'm not an enemy...everyone who I've killed was bandit, and everyone else that I've shot at I've promtly healed and left them there to wake up.

I'm not an enemy...everyone who I've killed was bandit, and everyone else that I've shot at I've promtly healed and left them there to wake up.

Same thing, not everyone is bad but if you look bad I will hide