CerebralZombie (DayZ)

Bullet registry = Zero close combat in DayZ

So I've never had really any complaint about DayZ as it is of course Alfa, and the fact that I don't get attached to my character. I could actually blame this on Arma II itself as this would probably happen playing Arma II online.

I was in Elektro with great gear and ammo from the NW Air field barracks. I spawned on the shore line of Cherno while entering a server even though I'd left off beside the barracks, but that didn't bother me at all. I went through Cherno, than ran to Elektro. I finally got there and encountered another player as we were both being chased by zombies, so I ran into one of those small buildings with two doors on each side and one little room. So he runs by so I huge up to a corner as the zombies chase him going by. I wait in my ghillie suit and he come back and runs right into the room, that's when I start to fire my AK-74. 10 rounds in a row and he finally goes down, so I aim down quick and unload the other 20 rounds. 10 rounds in, of the last 20, he starts firing back with his PDW. He finally dies a second after my mag runs out and after he'd fired 5 shots or so. A second after that, I also die...

Can anyone say, "What a piss off"? If this happened in DayZ I would highly assume that it'd happen in Arma online, so I understand it actually has nothing to do with DayZ unless it happened because it's a mod, and thus changes gameplay/code. I will still play DayZ a lot, and I know I am just very grumpy today, so I felt the need to post this. I guess for some this may be a warning to not risk close combat when you have great gear, and weapons that can be used long distance. (I had another gun too) Although you can't avoid getting into situations like this all the time, as you need or want to go into town here n' there.

Also, I was in a server with very low ping, and I had low ping too. There were 15 other players in the room with me, and I don't know if you need my PC specs to determine whether this was caused by them, or internet provider/type. (I have "High Speed" internet.)

If I need to add anything I'll just edit or post in the thread, but I thank you for your time. Sorry if I kind of added a lot more un-needed details to the whole post! :lol:

(I did indeed, and I am continuing to!)

CZ~

Edited by CerebralZombie

Ive noticed this happening often, Another thing (Kinda related). is when you are 2-5 feet away from someone and your gun just doesnt seem to have ANY accuracy at all. Can fire dead on headshot or chest shot and it will have no impact at all (not even on a nearby wall)

I wonder if theres a Minimum/maximum combat distance

because ive also noticed. killing players from EXTREMELY long distances often do not give kill count *as well as zombie count when zombies are killed*

• Like 1

Last close combat experience I had seemed to be ok.

I was just about to leave the barracks when I ran into two guys. Almost gave me an heart attack.

They seemed to be as suprised as I was because we just stared at each other for 1 sec. Then I started panic fireing with my L85. We were 1-2 m away from each other and although I was on semi the first guy went down pretty fast.

Then the 2nd one sprayed me down with full auto... I went down fast as well.

I was in Elektro with great gear and ammo from the NW Air field barracks. I spawned on the shore line of Cherno while entering a server even though I'd left off beside the barracks, but that didn't bother me at all. I went through Cherno, than ran to Elektro.

I found the problem.

• Like 3

Sounds like he just had better aim than you did.

Definitely my accuracy. After all I've only been playing shooters for 17 years now, and a lot of those years included consistent playing of them. I know what happened in that room, but I guess there is no real evidence as there was no recording. :P

You just need a higher caliber gun.... those AK's are like toys.

So after playing for 17 years you still don't know that when firing on full auto, not all bullets will hit the target. Suggest you aim next time, preferably to the head instead of spraying and praying.

• Like 1

like the part where you can headshot a zombie, and he then has time to rip your throat open and break your legs before he dies?

• Like 1

We need to know if you were 3rd or 1st person as this can affect aiming by quite a bit.

Also, firefights are worked out Peer-to-peer so the strength of connection you share between yourself and another player can have a big affect on the outcome whilst the game tries to keep up.

Edited by ironman Tetsuo

So after playing for 17 years you still don't know that when firing on full auto, not all bullets will hit the target. Suggest you aim next time, preferably to the head instead of spraying and praying.

Yeah okay buddy. The guy was a foot away from the tip of my gun... I know how to burst and single shot, but seeing how he had a PDW and was shocked to realize I was even there you'd think 10+ bullets would have killed him. I could care less if a few bullets missed, since around 10 of them hit him before going down.

Stfu u weirdo u ain't no weedmasta u prob smoke dirty hash u tramp

We need to know if you were 3rd or 1st person as this can affect aiming by quite a bit.

Also, firefights are worked out Peer-to-peer so the strength of connection you share between yourself and another player can have a big affect on the outcome whilst the game tries to keep up.

I was first person looking over my guns cross-hair. I thought that may be the case as with any game that can happen. Obviously this doesn't happen all the time, I just had a long day and was really dumbfounded by the whole situation. I am tired though, so I'm heading to bed.

Thanks for every ones input, and have yourselves a great night!

CZ~

blame the way info gets send.

basically you send the server your info that you shot him.

before the server gets to send the info to his client that he got shot and is dead he'll be able to shoot back.

he passes on his info the server and the server passes it on to you.

depending on how laggy the server is.

i've had servers where i got shot by a as50 still got around 15-20 secs to shoot back before i actuelly died.

(atleast that's how people have explained it to me in multiple occasions)

Yeah okay buddy. The guy was a foot away from the tip of my gun... I know how to burst and single shot, but seeing how he had a PDW and was shocked to realize I was even there you'd think 10+ bullets would have killed him. I could care less if a few bullets missed, since around 10 of them hit him before going down.

like i've already mentioned, peer to peer systems can show the same firefight differently for each person involved, for all you know on his screen you didn't shoot him and he unloaded first. It's very hard to tell just by what you see but usually the result is accurate even if what you saw was different. This happens a lot in other peer to peer FPS games, it happened in Halo all the time, and you will only notice the differences if the game has a kill cam because then you get to see both sides and what may have seemed like BS from your side turns out to be entirely different from the other perspective.

• Like 2

You just need a higher caliber gun.... those AK's are like toys.

Yeah that's all I had...

I'd just died yesterday with much better gear n' weaponry. Had my L85A2 AWS, plus a Kobra since my AS50 ran out of ammo and the fact I never used it lead to me giving it away to my team mate.

like i've already mentioned, peer to peer systems can show the same firefight differently for each person involved, for all you know on his screen you didn't shoot him and he unloaded first. It's very hard to tell just by what you see but usually the result is accurate even if what you saw was different. This happens a lot in other peer to peer FPS games, it happened in Halo all the time, and you will only notice the differences if the game has a kill cam because then you get to see both sides and what may have seemed like BS from your side turns out to be entirely different from the other perspective.

and that's why i explained it hehe ^^

Probably desync or lag. Never happened to me in Arma

Edited by Starngere

blame the way info gets send.

basically you send the server your info that you shot him.

before the server gets to send the info to his client that he got shot and is dead he'll be able to shoot back.

he passes on his info the server and the server passes it on to you.

depending on how laggy the server is.

i've had servers where i got shot by a as50 still got around 15-20 secs to shoot back before i actuelly died.

(atleast that's how people have explained it to me in multiple occasions)

Exactly why my title implies "Zero close combat" as this can easily happen to anyone. Of course it all depends, but I do know this and I guess shouldn't have posted for feedback. More so just posted to get the rage out! :lol:

Peace!

I know what you mean i had someone log in on me as i turned round i unloaded around 15 shots firing on semi automatic straight into his stomach... nothing, his first shot seemed to be from and M24 and broke my bones... im not ashamed to say i logged after that. He ghosted on me and then was invincible from short range bullet damage then blasts me.

it's always fun to shoot someone with a as50 hit him and look him run for another 5 seconds before he drops dead ^^

*bam*

*hit*

*wait for it, wait for it*

*drops dead*

yus !

Yes I do know that, and as mentioned I have been more on the grumpy side today so I didn't want to take shit from some "weedmasta". My fault for posting on a forum, but I ain't getting blammed from a guy who has to show the world he smokes weed. (Not hatin' on him, as I used to be big on it too, and still smoke it on the rare occasion.)

Any ways, I should get some sleep before I rage into a comma. God damn I'm tired...

• Like 1