Sign in to follow this  
eel

Few questions regarding humanity

In my search for bandits I recently stumbled upon a survivor with a DMR looking over Elektro. There was little doubt as to his intentions. Still, he didn't have a bandit skin and I didn't want to get a murder so I hesitated. I observed him for a while and eventually I just took some food from his ALICE pack and moved on.

Lets say that he was taking his first steps on the way to banditry and had -3000 humanity, not enough to suffice for a skin change. Would killing him raise or lower my humanity? Would killing him count towards murders or bandit kills?

And by how much does killing a bandit change ones humanity rating?

As far as I know, you only get negative humanity for murders and no positive humanity for bandit kills. Only for things such as bandaging/ transfusing someone will make it positive. So if you had killed him, in theory your humanity should remain as is. Don't quote me on that. Humanity is a pile of shit really. I am on -300k as it was apparently logging the whole time I've been playing this game.

www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Humanity

If the information in there was in any way correct, it'd mean that killing survivors with negative humanity raises mine, whereas bandit kills would neither raise nor lower it. I find it hard to believe. It also doesn't answer my question about murders/bandit kills.

Edited by eel

bumped

'If the information in there was

in any way correct, it'd mean

that killing survivors with

negative humanity raises mine,

whereas bandit kills neither

raise nor lower it. I find it hard

to believe. It also doesn't

answer my question about

murders/bandit kills.'

What? Are you sure you're reading the same page here?

If you drop below, 0 humanity, then poof - bandit.

Killing a bandit grants no humanity.

Humanity loss depends on.. well, how you kill the survivor.

Hello

You may have overlooked the part about a negative humanity resulting in the respective player being converted into a bandit.

There is no situation where you kill a survivor and the subtraction of his (negative) humanity will lead to an increase of yours, because there should be no survivors with negative humanity, as they become bandits and thus the subtraction no longer takes place.

That is of course if the information provided in the DayZ Wiki is correct.

So reading the linked info Sticker704 gave you, you should be able to conclude that killing the -3000 player would have had no effect on your humanity, because that player would already have been a bandit. -> Bandit kill, Humanity +/- 0

Had this player had a humanity of 1500, because he previously attempted to kill a player but only hit him some times but failed to kill, you would have lost 1500 humanity and received a murder. At least this is what I understand from what is written in the Wiki.

-> Murder, Humanity -1500

The interesting part is, what would have happened if this player had been a bandit on his way to recovery from his morally twisted ways with 1500 positive humanity. According to the Wiki he would have looked like a bandit, because he would not receive survivor status until 2000 humanity and killing him would not have caused you any humanity loss, because that only happens when killing survivors.

If that were correct, it would mean that recuperation had the potential of being hard for the one attempting it and I like that idea.

Of course the 150 humanity per 5 minutes recovery process makes it not really that hard, but hopefully this will be changed in the future for I don't see how someone becomes a better man after commiting murder by waiting for a little over an hour (83 minutes is the time it'd take to recover from a 2500 humanity survivor kill if the 150h/5min rule is correct). Make the time it takes at least a lot longer or remove it completely.

I understand that there will be situations where someone will be ambushed by a 2500+ survivor or even several and has to defend himself with lethal force, thus turning into a bandit, but I hope that we can change the system so it will check who was the aggressor and calculate humanity changes accordingly.

And as for the -300'000 humanity players out there. I don't think that they should be accounted for, because there is a dire need for a global reset soon anyway and then we will all start over.

• Like 1