Sign in to follow this  
Raveren

Some sort of plot

Ive been playing this game for about two weeks, and ive tried different styles of play like scavenging, friendly, and bandit. after acquiring and losing items, both rare and common, i find myself bored with the game this early on. i think that its an awesome gameplay concept that could potentially revolutionize the gaming industry, but there needs to be some sort of vice that makes the player feel a want and need to keep playing. the only thing that keeps me playing is that i have a lot of friends that play and we use the game as a sort of social medium since none of us really live anywhere near each other. with a group, gameplay turns to Hunters & Gatherers: The Game. if there was some sort of plot or force assigned factions or something, i think that it would make things a lot more interesting and entertaining.

If you need guidance or a "plot" then this game is not for you... this is about doing what you want and making it "your story"

Try joining a clan on here...plenty of them....

Find a vehicle and help new spawns...

I kinda expected to come on here and see a QQ rage thread but thanks for being rational with your reasoning :)

AJ

You washed up on the shore of Chernaraus with minimal supplies and shit be crazy. From there on out your story is what you make it...

Rocket has stated (in the Reddit IAMA) that the Stand Alone will contain plot points.

This means you will be able to pick up and read notes/hear recordings about the events, and there will be more narrative in the environment (a lab area, an obvious depiction of conflict in certain areas, signs of escape, etc)

But thats it. I wouldn't want more than this, since a lot of the plot I usually generate myself for my own story. Too much plot would ruin this and make it feel less personal.

i can see that the vastly open environment is a very appealing aspect of this game. i was thinking some sort of plot point that wasnt mandatory, like having intermittent rescue parties or military intervention that would have no chance of actually succeeding, but you would have to evade like sweeper teams or something.