Sign in to follow this  
smellysushi

Nemesis: A mega-zombie

Hello,

Currently, the zombies in DayZ are of little to no threat when you are inside a building or when you have companions. I suggest there should be an "Ultimate" zombie called the Nemesis.

The Nemesis mostly resides in the North. It is a bigger zombie than average, cannot die, moves at half the speed of a normal zombie, and cannot enter buildings. It has a distinct growling sound than can be heard far away and lights up like a flare during both night and day. When not actively chasing someone, it wanders the lands in the north.

The Nemesis will chase players relentlessly until:

a) Player runs far enough outside it's aggro range( Nemesis will still move to last known location)

b) Player hides in a building for an undetermined amount of time until Nemesis loses interest and wanders away

c) Nemesis in run over by a car. Nemesis will now be stunned for an undetermined amount of time

This suggestion will add more excitement to the game outside the major cities, reinforces the idea that nowhere is safe and that you WILL die.

Oh, its the nightly "zombies are not dangerous enough" thread. Have you been engaged by a group of zombies lately, without disconnecting to avoid they're aggro?

Guest ragequitalready

Edited by ragequitalready

a Berserker from Gears of war ;) It scared the piss out of me the 1st time I ran in to it. it would be cool if it could be in the game, and it was hostile to everything, even other zombies. no speed cuts, but i can die. it would be awesome and scary just watching it wreck zombies/players threw towns.

but all seriousness, I think it would be cool for that^, and I agree zombies arn't a big deal if you can find a building. But I can't commit to 100% support.

I did just have zombies beat the crap out of me so they are still dangerous

Alright. Hmmmm.

So, you say that made this game called DayZ? It's a zombie simulator, made within the framework of a hardcore military sim? Tell me more!

Oh, and you say it it accurately portrays the dynamics between survivors of the apocalypse? A realistic depiction of the collapse of society and trust among fellow men? With actual bullet physics, survival needs and scarcity of resources to boot? Wow, nobody has made an imagining of the zombie apocalypse with this much attention to realism or accuracy!

Fascinating...But, you know what it really needs?

A fucking giant, glowing, invincible fucking yeti boss monster that runs at 4 mph, is scared of building interiors and susceptible only to cars.

Yeaaaahh, that'd be sweet.

They are not zombies. Rocket seems (imho) to get quite annoyed when they are brought up as zombies. They are infected people

That being said, I like the idea of adding more varied and dangerous infected so if this could be added in a manner that works well, all for it.

So it would be a more dangerous zombie... who would be easier to avoid? Doesn't make any sense.

It chases you. You will not outrun it without sprinting, attracting the attention of the horde and bandits. Even if you do manage to get into a building, the panic caused by the nemesis nearby will drop your hunger/thirst points by significant amount.

Special zombies are stupid. Especially when rocket has decided this will be a sim.

End of discussion.

I don't think the game is ready for a higher tier zombie. I think when the game is fully released it'd make a good future update as part of a large update, however at the moment I feel as though the current zeds while with their own bugs/flaws, are more then enough for the player to feel like they are in the midst of an apocalypse. Like stated, ever been trapped in a building or running from a large group of zeds? It isn't an easy thing to outrun/get away from.