Sign in to follow this  
SkreeMcgee

7 steps to fix "connection failed" and other issues

After myself and a couple of mates had issues playing I have summed up the steps we took to get the game running.

If your a steam user and your getting connection failed error then you probably just need to do #4 or #5.

1) Make sure you've extracted all the right files into '[..gamedirectory]\@dayz\addons' and added "-mod=@dayz -nosplash" to the launch options (without the " ")

2) Make sure your firewall isn't blocking DayZ (test by just disabling all firewalls).

3) Port forward the appropriate ports (2302-2307 UDP I think)

4) Open cmd and type in 'netsh winsock reset' (no commas), then restart your PC.

5) Exit Steam, right click and select run as administrator. Then verify the Arma 2: OA game cache. (If one file gets replaced then this was your issue and the game is fixed)

6) Run Arma 2: OA and select reinstall BattleEye anti-cheat.

7) If you have just purchased Arma 2 / Arma 2: OA you must run Arma 2 before you start Combined Operations

Hope that helps.

i had problems to launch the game because i get errors. step 7 fixed it, thanks!

( if you can't launch Arma2 exit steam and run as admin)

I get connecting failed sporadically, once it has started, can't join games until I restart OA. Restarting the game seems to fix it until next time.

If I do number 5 it finds and replaces one file. However, once I've done that I get a bad cdkey error when I try to join any server. To fix this I can run the game through steam, however this puts me at the start with the connection failed error and 1 file needing updating.

Any tips?