Sign in to follow this  
SH_T

Air supply

Note: This may not be possible to implent into the game and I did use the search function, but couldn't find anything on the subject.

Hi,

I would like to see the implentation of a plane that drops supplys on a random path through the map.

The plane would be visible in the sky and heard by a big portion of chernarus.

Let's say the plane comes every 12 to 24 hours(randomized and different on every server) and drops 3 packs of supplys randomly on it's path that would contain 2 dummy drops where you could find nothing due to it being destroyed on impact and 1 drop that contains 1-2 high end weapons with 1-3 ammo clips , a map, a compass, gps, a coyote backpack and night vision goggles and a few other things, so basically everything you need to survive.

So now you are presented with a number of possibilities when you see or hear the plane:

1. Do I head out alone and try to get there first to get all that shiny loot?

But pretty much everyone else has probably the same idea and if I get there first, what about the possibility that I get to the dummy drop and might get killed for nothing?

2. Do I try to form a team with random people on the server to get there in force and claim the the prize?

What about the possibility that if it gets down to looting, will someone backstab me and grab everything for himself?

3. Do I try to get there with my steady team and claim everything for our group?

But what if we are not the only team that is heading there? Not to discount all the random people who will show up.

4. Do I try raid a town, military base etc. instead because everybody will head for the loot drops from the plane?

But what if your not the only one with the same idea? ;)

I think it would add a lot of more depth to the game and would be interesting to see how it would play out.

Just what any concerned government would do in the event of a zombie apocalypse: air drop heavy weapons.

Guest ragequitalready

Edited by ragequitalready

I feel like this would hurt the desperate survival feel of the game, seeing planes flying around air-dropping supplies.

This would imply that there's enough survivors elsewhere that they can both fly airplanes around, and have enough extra supplies to dump it in a devastated area.