Sign in to follow this  
chris p. bacon

Do you listen to music while you play?

I try to avoid it, but when I'm walking long distances (or as I like to call it, playing DayZ), I listen to music. However, I have been killed many times because I failed to hear the whiz of a bullet going by. Do you other players listen to music?

Yea, too much noise. I have a 7.1 headset so I like to utilize it ;)

I listen to music on,long walks, or when I dont give a fuck.

My friend uses vac to stream music through his mic, it would be funny for anyone going by, hearing dubstep one second or trance and then a few moments later hard rock smashing through.. :D

It depends. If I'm actually playing, no. It's hard enough to hear important stuff in game due to skype. I sometimes broadcast 80s pop over direct com when running or riding long distances in a vehicle. I've used music to lure people in during bandit trips as well.

I personally don't.

Every gunshot or scuttling noise you don't hear counts against your chance of surviving.

Reminds me of a little encounter I had at NW airfield once. I was outside the airfield perimeter at what was around midnight on the server, one of those darker-than-black nights where you could barely see the ground. I suddenly hear gunfire, but it was not firing at me. It had to be a dozen or so mixed weapons firing. The firing came from the tower area, and went on for five minutes or so until it died down. The big balls that I had declared that clan battles mean lots of dead clan soldiers, with sweet lewtz. So I went over, all sneaky until I find the area this happened in. All over the tower area, in the open all the way to the hangars there were 18 dead survivors. As I finished picking and choosing what I was to keep or discard I heard somebody in the tower, stream a bagpipe version of Amazing Grace through his microphone.

It was the most interesting ten minutes I had in Day Z.

Edited by Riemer
  • Like 1

Just a few hours ago I was sniper spotting for my friend in Elektro. I had music playing, and didn't hear the guy crawling right behind me with a hatchet. That lucky bastard now has an M107 and a DMR.

Edited by tocsik

The first month I played I couldn't do it because I was too paranoid and all of that, but I do now.

A bit of chillstep always makes the long walks seem a lot shorter

I am partial to using virtual audio cable as well, but mainly for the purpose of playing the jaws orchestral tune as I sneak up on someone.

Sometimes. I wear my turtle beaches and my iPhone earbuds under them and play dubstep at a low volume.

Edited by Myth`~

Dayz is one of the few games (maybe even the only one) where I dont listen to music playing it.

Hearing is just so important, maybe even more important than seeing, that you cant afford to be distracted.

I play Resident Evil music(ranging from the first one, director's cut, Code: Veronica, Operation Raccoon City, etc.) on winamp and have it on shuffle and repeat. I also have the volume around 30%, that way, I can hear what's around me clearly(with or without Turtle Beach headsets). I made another playlist that contains safe room music from different Resident Evil games if I feel safe in a particular area.

Edited by Luka25
  • Like 1

Just lower your volume on your music and turn up your special effects.

Problem solved.

Long walks you can hear the music well, and still have audio perception for in game sounds.

I usually leave it on and I have actually fought multiple people by myself while music is playing in the background.