Publik

Event: Freeside Trading Co. Open Trade 8/17 - 8/19

8/17 - 8/19 Event

Seattle 104

20:00 - 23:00 UTC

Freeside Trading Co. will be hosting our weekly open trading event. We'll be exchanging weapons, ammo, and items on-site.

When: 8/17 - 8/19, 20:00 UTC - 23:00 UTC

Where:

• 8/19 - Devil's Castle

TS3 Server: ts35.gameservers.com:9253 - Whisper an officer if you need any help.

Rules: Approach the compound from the road at a walk. Enter through the front gatehouse after announcing yourself over VOIP and chat. Do not sign in or out at the compound (do so at the treeline). When inside, lower your weapon (primary out but down). The guards will direct you to the trading location. Please do not arrive early.

Note: SixUpdater may dislike us

Edited by Publik

Time conversions, and what will be available for trade?

How safe is the trade site? Me and a Friend would like to come, but if its not secured... Well...

Time conversions, and what will be available for trade?

There's a converter in the OP... We'll have weapons and ammo on-site, and we can usually go to a base and pick some stuff up if you want something special. Extra stuff like backpacks, camos, and utilities as well.

How safe is the trade site? Me and a Friend would like to come, but if its not secured... Well...

We get attacked usually, but it's been better the past week or so. If things get too hairy we'll just ask you to sign off while we deal with the situation. We've been doing this a few months now ;P

I would like to come, I've got a shiny M16 ACOG and a toolbox to get rid of, if my current trade doesn't work out.

I would like to know if you have a garuntee for players who might be shot and/or killed. Do you offer blood transfusions, morphine, etc. if some is shot during the trading? And if someone is killed, will you hold on to their gear while they try to make their way back?

I would like to come, I've got a shiny M16 ACOG and a toolbox to get rid of, if my current trade doesn't work out.

I would like to know if you have a garuntee for players who might be shot and/or killed. Do you offer blood transfusions, morphine, etc. if some is shot during the trading? And if someone is killed, will you hold on to their gear while they try to make their way back?

The ACOG is a pretty nice gun, I'm sure we can find something to offer you. Came across a few CCOs today if you're interested.

Our policy for people who get shot while under our care is somewhat like this:

• The player is on our TS with us:
    • If you get killed and it's your fault (not following the rules) we won't guarantee much. If it's not at our expense and you're reasonable about it, we'll hold your gear for you until you get back.
    • If you're killed and it is our fault (friendly fire, bandit gets in) we'll do whatever we can, at our own expense, to get your stuff back to you. If we've got a vehicle on site (we usually do) we'll come out and pick you up or take your gear to you, otherwise we'll write down what you had and reimburse you when you get back.
    • If you're killed by a hacker, we're probably dead as well.

[*]The player is not on our TS with us:

• If you're killed and it's your fault, there isn't much we can do about it. If you come back and say "Hey, I'm Joe Schmoe and I died here earlier, I lost my AKM" we'll do what we can to get your stuff back. That said, small items might get eaten or taken by the company.
    • If you're killed and it is our fault we'll reimburse you with something equal to what was lost, or give your gear back outright if it hasn't been resold.
    • If you're killed by a hacker, we're probably dead as well.

We do offer medical assistance, though it's mostly our own medical supplies unless we make a run to a hospital. If it's life threatening, we'll patch you up, but if it's not you'll need to buy it from us. Ammo works nicely, most of the time.

I'm interested, not much good gear tho, AKS-74 Kobra, MP5SD (Pretty rare but not the best).

We're open for business :) Today we've got {CQF} here as well providing security.

I don't know where else I could write this, but I just made a deal with a nice guy called Clingy and a buddy of mine, and actually also with an employee of the freeside trading co. called vulwulf, and besides of the fact that im very very (VERY) happy with the deal we made out, the whole event was truly impressive.

They had over 10 guards hanging around there, maybe even over 20, they had guys patrolling the area and killing every zed that dared to spawn, the whole are was secured and somewhat organized with sandbags and barbed wire, they had multiple snipers and motorbikes and atvs and other vehicles which were patroling, they had a chopper scanning the area (and transporting stuff, but oh well), ...

the guard who directly guarded the traders (vulwulf) was incredibly kind and looked after us, and even checked the area for someone i spotted and who turned out to be a newly applied guard who changed his primary weapon off the rest of the team.

im so amazed that the community developed so far, and im amazed by this team. im currently thinking about applying myself, and i was happy to donate a few coyote backpacks together with my buddy, and a bit of barbed wire.

great experience overall!

Edited by DarkerTeddy

just went and made a trade. nice and smooth. these guys have a sick set up! very cool.

ill trade with you guys again. hopefully in one of these updates my two tents will reappear and i can make some more trades. i had some rare guns.

good stuff guys

I don't have a mic. I've got an AS50 and a few mags for trade.

want an M24 with DMR mags. deal?

also is seattle 104 on .5 ?

Trading has been concluded for 5/17. Hope to see more people tomorrow :)

oh right thanks for that. so I logged for nothing. cheers for the help

If you read the first post, trading is only open until 23:00 UTC. You didn't log on in time.

If you read the first post, trading is only open until 23:00 UTC. You didn't log on in time.

dude get a grip. I've had banks open late for me. and it's not like you're all suddenly "offline". at the end of the day you're getting the good deal but whatever..

I'd have been online ontime if you'd A. have answered the post and B, the forums didn't take 5 mins to update.

dude get a grip. I've had banks open late for me. and it's not like you're all suddenly "offline". at the end of the day you're getting the good deal but whatever..

I'd have been online ontime if you'd A. have answered the post and B, the forums didn't take 5 mins to update.

theryl2002 as far as I know isn't a Freeside member by the way, and no we don't instantly all log off, there tends to be a close down time and although we would prefer no one approach at this time, some do, and sometimes we have time to trade.

we're having another one same time tomorrow though, potentially a different place though.

I have a frag and M1014 Shotgun spare, what could you trade?

If you like the shotguns, I'm sure we can find a Remmington to trade up for. We could also do medical supplies.

But we're not a bank...

I'd have responded if A. I wasn't playing DayZ and conducting trade for the people who showed up on time or B. we hadn't had our supplies blown up by some invisible satchel kid.

We provide this event and service at our expense; we've no obligation to stay open late unless we feel like running late. The times have been up since yesterday and you posted 30 minutes after we were slated to close. We're open again tomorrow from 20:00 - 23:00 UTC if you'd like to come by and trade.

Edited by Publik
  • Like 1

I'm casually cruising through DayZ's forum, I thought DayZ of a hostile game with ruthless murders lurking corners looking for preys. I knew there were friendly players, but this thread just put a great grin on my face. It's good to see that people are taking a step forward to making the game more interesting and diverse then simply murdering each other in cold blood. I'm currently not playing Dayz atm, but thanks to this thread. I'm truly dying to play this hell of a game.

Ive got an M4/HOLO/M203 for trade, looking for a coyote backpack, will throw in various 203 rounds, how do i go about setting something like this up?

Ive got an M4/HOLO/M203 for trade, looking for a coyote backpack, will throw in various 203 rounds, how do i go about setting something like this up?

That sounds like a trade I would want, hopefully we have a spare coyote backpack, turn up to the event this weekend and i'll try to make the trade, whats your ingame name?

I've got an As50 with a bunch of NATO rounds, and I;m after an M24 and same ammount of DMR magazines if you're interested?

If you like the shotguns, I'm sure we can find a Remmington to trade up for. We could also do medical supplies.

But we're not a bank...

I'd have responded if A. I wasn't playing DayZ and conducting trade for the people who showed up on time or B. we hadn't had our supplies blown up by some invisible satchel kid.

We provide this event and service at our expense; we've no obligation to stay open late unless we feel like running late. The times have been up since yesterday and you posted 30 minutes after we were slated to close. We're open again tomorrow from 20:00 - 23:00 UTC if you'd like to come by and trade.