Donut Derp

Can't open the six updater or Dayz commander

I have recently bought and played arma 2:combined operations. The only reason i bought this is to play Dayz. So i downloaded the six updater and every time i try to open it i get a message saying."Six Launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Since this didn't work i tried downloading Dayz commander. this got the same message. Please help i really want to play but have no idea what to do. Thanks.

You may need to run them both with administrator rights. Try that first.

'Right click shortcut, run as administrator'

Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs!

Edit: I've also found this is you are running Windows XP

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

2. Click Appearance and Themes.

3. Click Display.

4. On the Settings tab, click Advanced.

5. On the Troubleshoot tab, move the Hardware acceleration slider control to the third position (from the left), and then click OK.

Edited by chuddy

I have recently bought and played arma 2:combined operations. The only reason i bought this is to play Dayz. So i downloaded the six updater and every time i try to open it i get a message saying."Six Launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Since this didn't work i tried downloading Dayz commander. this got the same message. Please help i really want to play but have no idea what to do. Thanks.

http://www.dayzcommander.com/faq#C

My os is windows xp so there isn't a windows 7 option. Any more suggestions? Thanks.

My os is windows xp so there isn't a windows 7 option. Any more suggestions? Thanks.

Right-Click your DayZ Commander shortcut, go to properties, try with compatibility mode for "Windows 7" (or disable it if it's enabled) and disable visual themes (or enable it if it's already disabled)