Sign in to follow this  
ZachAttack!

A question about loot.

So I've been playing for awhile, and when I decide to risk heading into cherno or electro, it's very hit or miss. Sometimes it's loaded with great loot, and sometimes it's tin cans. However, more recently, there will be nothing in buildings, or a few piles of cans.

I read somewhere that theres a 10 minute timer on loot or something, and to be 100m away. Not sure how accurate that is. If it is, I have a few questions

If you approach less than 100m, does the timer reset? Does a pile have to be completely empty for the timer to work? Am I just being incredibly unlucky?

Just curious, if anyone can answer that'd be great c:

Yes. Its 120m, I believe, and anyone who enters it (not just you) will reset the timer. There must also be nothing left. This is commonly called "loot piling" when you take all the loot out of a building, then drop it somewhere else to pick it up, get over 120m away, and wait 10 minutes. If I recall correctly this practice is frowned upon in the community.

• Like 1

Yes. Its 120m, I believe, and anyone who enters it (not just you) will reset the timer. There must also be nothing left. This is commonly called "loot piling" when you take all the loot out of a building, then drop it somewhere else to pick it up, get over 120m away, and wait 10 minutes. If I recall correctly this practice is frowned upon in the community.

I see, so thats why I'd see tents outside supermarkets and things, alright

I was just makin sure there wasn't some sort of graphical issue where I wouldn't see loot

I'll just add that to the annoyances like people wiring/tanktrapping entrances to buildings :P