Sweaty (DayZ)

Lack of shooting skills

Hello guys,

As you can all se i'm a noob in DayZ. I cannot murder people... of course i would if i would see them first. My problem is that players always see me first and then shoot me while I turn my back to them. Can anyone suggest anything I could do? (I have a good gear most of the time, a lot of food and drinks so at least that's not a problem :D)

Get a good headset, hearing footsteps help a lot. (I lower my music just incase someone is sneaking)

Learn the common pvp areas, and avoid and/or use them to your advantage!

Get a group of about 10+ people, no one will pick a fight with you then. :')

Practice head-shotting zombies for a couple lives, that will get your confidence up. Then move into the cities and wait patiently, you'll get somebody!

Since the Mod is running on ArmA 2, a Military Simulation you are given some kind of "features" you can do and what not. To give you a couple of tips.

Carry a gun that suits your surroundings

Open field? Go for L85A2, M14AIM, M16A2, etc., something that can hit easily above 600m

City/Village? Take an M4,AK,AKM or pretty much everything that has full-retard mode (full-auto) or a shotgun with slugs preferably.

Move from cover to cover, you can press "Enter" on your Numpad to switch to third person view, hold the "Alt" key to move the camera around freely, also works in first person but I find 3rd person to give you a much better view of your surroundings, also, when approaching critical locations, hold down Right Mouse Button to zoom in on the location and watch for movement, Zombies very far away 400-500+ metres can be a indicator of a player in the area (approx. 250m radius)

Be cautious, best to move in a group/play with friends, ontop of all, DO "NOT" TRUST OTHER PLAYERS. They're dicks, they'll kill you. best to keep your head low, move quietly and check every corner before moving, best to avoid open streets or streets that can easily be covered from tall structures/hills.

• Like 1

Since the Mod is running on ArmA 2, a Military Simulation you are given some kind of "features" you can do and what not. To give you a couple of tips.

Carry a gun that suits your surroundings

Open field? Go for L85A2, M14AIM, M16A2, etc., something that can hit easily above 600m

City/Village? Take an M4,AK,AKM or pretty much everything that has full-retard mode (full-auto) or a shotgun with slugs preferably.

Move from cover to cover, you can press "Enter" on your Numpad to switch to third person view, hold the "Alt" key to move the camera around freely, also works in first person but I find 3rd person to give you a much better view of your surroundings, also, when approaching critical locations, hold down Right Mouse Button to zoom in on the location and watch for movement, Zombies very far away 400-500+ metres can be a indicator of a player in the area (approx. 250m radius)

Be cautious, best to move in a group/play with friends, ontop of all, DO "NOT" TRUST OTHER PLAYERS. They're dicks, they'll kill you. best to keep your head low, move quietly and check every corner before moving, best to avoid open streets or streets that can easily be covered from tall structures/hills.

Lol

• Like 1

I keep my head on a swivel and usually spot players or small things that my clanmates often miss. I think this developed from playing faster paced games like CoD. If you want to get good at "video game shooting", a game like CoD might be a good option for "training" since you can respawn so quick and it requires quick reflexes. Keep in mind that it's not the same game, and not everything translates, but it's an option.

If you launch the game (ARMA2) WITHOUT the mod, there's a "boot camp" where you can practice with the interface & controls.

A surround sound head set makes a world of difference for me... can tell the direction of distant sounds and hear players moving near by.

Finally, one thing I love to do is "play dumb" and act as if I didn't notice a player, then find a good place for an ambush, assuming he will come for me. If you're in a dangerous area, you can do this once in a while, regardless if you noticed a player or not. Just find a concealed spot and stay quiet for a while. You never know when you picked up a tail in a city, or maybe someone just wanders into your sights.

Good luck!

"practice headshots on Zeds". best advice, period. You wont get good at shooting until you shoot...its an odd concept...

the thing ive noticed is the crosshairs seem odd to me...i can hs but it'll shoot way low. Im guessing its the lower tip of the "V" because Im putting the little " ' " doohicky between the V and shooting and it shoots low.

By default, ALT allows you to look around (FREE LOOK) even behind you when in 3rd person. Double tapping ALT allows you to look around without holding ALT down. But be sure to double tap ALT again to disengage the free look.

There is no sticky/auto aim feature in this game/mod. It will be harder to shoot people purely because of that fact.

-MONSTER

also if you are firing a weapon with an iron sight at anything below 300 meters aim low as the bullet will travel in an arc from the point of the barrel....... not a bug a real life event :0 but can piss alot of ppl new to weapon s off and also really show the difference between a good sniper and a beach comber with a pretty gun.