Whyku

SixLaucher/DayZcommander

Ok, I have both Six launcher and DayZ Commander. What I want to know is why when I update ARMA 2 and DayZ fully on DayZ Commander it says it is all out of date on Six Launcher?

Best advice I can give is to ditch Six Launcher. Not that it's a bad program, DayZ Commander has just been more reliable recently.

In my opionion DayZ Commander increases in efficenty really fast. Some weeks ago the Commander wasn't that good 'bout the updates, I used to use the SixLauncher to update. I still have it, but it seems like it's gone worthless 'cause the Commander works like a charm now, although the receiving of the serverslist is ridiciously time consuming.

Six Launcher had older versions of both beta patch and DayZ a couple of days ago ( and still does apparently). If you updated using Six Launcher you actually downgraded/rolled back your patch versions. DayZ Commander always gives you the latest patches, and now also gives you the option to install an earlier patch if things don't work properly.

So yeah...I'd recommend you only use DayZ Commander.

SixLauncher says it's "out of date" because SixUpdater hasn't had 1.7.2.5 pushed to it by the devs yet, which is exactly what they said would happen, as they are not ready for 1.7.2.5 to be released on SixUpdater yet. Rocket said they'd have 1.7.2.5 on SixUpdater as soon as the devs were happy that it was working properly. It's quite obviously not (5 minutes of browsing around the forums shows that), so it's not released yet.

DayZ Commander releases patches based on the torrented manual files, so always has the latest build, even if that's an unstable build.

The game is in Alpha, so the devs are fighting two battles. One is making a game better with each release, thus releasing newer versions full of bugs they're unaware of, and hoping for a caring community to help them find problems and get them sorted out for future versions. The other is dealing with a community of people who cry about instability and paying for servers, so they leave SixUpdater on the last "most stable" version of an update, so that people who ignore the words "Alpha" can play the game with the least amount of crying possible.

Just my $.02 in trade for all your beans.

• Like 1

My mic does not work in-game so just trying to update to see if that fix's it.