You'd have to have have two different steam accounts with two different cd-keys. Don't think their is a way to be running both at the same time for whatever reason you would need to do that.

If you're using the second CD key to play a second character, there is absolutely nothing wrong, I imagine. Using it as an exploit in some way, by playing at the same time would likely not be OK.

Guest ragequitalready

Edited by ragequitalready

I didn't say anything of playing the same time, i agree this is not WOW!!! But i want to play alone and explore, but with friends we spawn together and log out together and if i die hooking up across the map is a pain, that's why i need the second charecter, to run and explore, die a lot and don't care) i had some help in IRC chat, i exported my old cdkey via regedit, reinstalled Arma2 OA, and exported again, now i have 2 reg files, depending on what char i want to play i just load to registry the one i need!

Well. Same situation with me - have character on steam-key account (sd guns, wookie suit, nvg etc.) and I use it to play only with friends at night. Now I bought retail, install it, export key entry from registry and then uninstall.

Looks simply: import retail-key and DayZ on Steam will works on new account, BUT when you launch the game through Steam it's automatically update key in registry and you loading on steam-key account.