FleshP

Can we make this mod/game harder?

Don't get me wrong I absolutely love this mod/game. That being said, I have already been everywhere and gotten everything. Besides hoarding crap in tents and hoarding vehicles there is really nothing more to do. Surviving is to easy and finding guns and ammo is way to easy as well. Sometimes I will die just to start ove,r only to find myself getting a winchester, blowing someones head off and looting their body for everything I had just had 30 minutes ago before I had originally died. Please make this game harder. Make it so having a gun is something special, and having food/water really worth it. One quick run through any major city will net you a nice gun, a backpack, water bottles, food, hatchet, knife and sometimes even matches and a tent. Not fun when everything is so damn easy to find.

...Well you haven't experienced fun then? Robbing people is super fun, helping noobs is fun too, collecting items fun too and if you are bored with full gear go to Elektro have some action!

Play on private hive server and have fun there. Talk people in side chat, help starting players there, give them weapons/ammo or medical treatment. Join the community on the server and play regulary with same guys there. I love it, I just love it all!

Edited by Kalle^

Create your own fun, that is what this mod is all about B)

...Well you haven't experienced fun then? Robbing people is super fun, helping noobs is fun too, collecting items fun too and if you are bored with full gear go to Elektro have some action!

Well of course I have had my fair share of piking people off and ruining their days. But I am also over that. It just seems like now all there to do is DM, and I want to have a more difficult time actually surviving. Kinda what the mod totes.

they should make it harder not for the fun factor but because it would limit the death match mentality. if you don't have to just fear players but the environment and your own action. people are more likely to group together to negate those thing or focus more on their own survival then their kill count.

Harder you ask? Drop your weapons, except maybe an axe, maybe only keep a makarov/crossbow. Try to survive with the minimum equipment. Only eat freshly cooked boarmeat. Only loot deerstands/the smallest villages and avoid major cities. Try to avoid any and all confrontation. Get out of your comfort-zone. Whatever of this sort. There are many ways to actually play the game, although it may currently seem there's only a few.

Peace.

SD.

DayZ forums: It's not broken, you're just doing whatever you're doing wrong!

I gotta agree. They need to add some skills you can train by killing zeds and running and giving medical attention and shit like that, and some sort of way to let the entire server know where a chopper spawns so they swarm it and create a blood orgy over it.

Maybe start with making zeds harder and implementing weapon deterioration.

I like the idea. I think theres no need to reduce foot availability or medicals but weponery. IMO everyone should be running around with pistol at best for the first week and save on ammo, as thats something I'd like to see reduced aswell.

This, as I'd hope to expect, would create scenario where teamwork/ groups would be ''forced'' on players to loot places not as lone wolfs but as a group and survive. Than, If you damn lucky, after about a week (refering to as rarity not time) when you find yo first AK-74 you get the freedome of choice to go your way or help your group with your new firepower advantage.

OP - consider making a poll, if the you agree with my suggestion based on yours :) (or i can do it if i wish)

Edited by Colonel-Wicked

Instead of arbitrarily making the game harder for new players, how about we get rid of tents and vehicle storage and see the panicked looks on veterans' faces as they fight to the death for the right not to keep their NVGs.

Also, buff pistols. That'll get the blood pumping.