Sign in to follow this  
federik21

Dead Player Models Standing Up

DATE TIME: TODAY, in the morning, and tonight

Where you were: Cherno

WHAT HAPPENED: Tonight i was camping in Cherno, in the church, when i turned to the altar, i found this guy with a makarov on my back. He didn't get into the church by the main door (i was watching it!), i shoot him few shots and killed him.

I could loot his body as he was dead, but he still stand. It looked like he was AFK, but he was dead. He was doing nothing. It was a lot dark, so i think he wasn't even typing something in chat because of he maybe spotted me.

His gear was basically a base gear, plus a map.

Here's my supposition:

I can suppose this "thing" was a guy that left the game before (when he was in this church) and re-logged in when I was camping there.

Maybe his character spawned before he get visual and movement control of it.

Infact, my murder stat increased by 1, so I must have killed someone.

Version is 1.6.0.1

P:S: I saw those "things" also this morning, i don't remember where i was but i just spawned near the beach, and i see this guy in the middle of the fields, like he was afk. I get myself near to it, and i noticed it was a corps by flies around his dead body.

Date/Time: 5/28/12

What happened: As I was playing Day Z I was noticing that about 90% of dead Survivor models were standing up instead of bleeding out on the ground and they were also aiming their gun. Multiple times I have wasted ammo because I assumed they were aiming their gun at me and I have wasted ammo on their corpses. I was also running into the 9 fps bug so I was not quite sure whether they were moving at all or not. I would realize that they were dead when I could sneak up onto them and I saw that their faces had blood spattered on them.

Where you were: Along the shore in random locations. Sometimes even in towns. Wherever I saw dead players.

What you were doing: Running around trying to survive and loot items

Current installed version: 1.0.6.1

Server(s) you were on: US 1, US 2

Your system specs: GTX 560 Ti, AMD Phenom 6 Core 1075T, 8 Gigs of Ram

Same thing happened to me. I killed a guy inside of one of those train boxcars, and he died, but continued to stand up. I was able to loot him exactly like a dead body, but his model was standing like a normal player.

Same here... though it only seems to happen when I don't see the death animation (ie bodies I 'find' are usually standing)

Happend to me twice. Scared the shit out of me twice.

When approaching I can hear the flies. But that is the only thing making me think i am safe.