MrDeodorant

Time of day inconsistent between players

Date/Time: May 28, 11:42 PM UTC (8:42 my time, 7:42 server time)

What happened: I was grouped up with two friends of mine and it began to get dark, which I commented on. They called me crazy, and said it was still light. We compared screenshots, and my game was considerably darker. I was later in the day; I had stars out, and they had sunshine.

I've put the screenshots into an Imgur album (http://imgur.com/a/SZdyS). I'm confident you'll be able to tell which is which. Theirs were taken a minute after mine.

Where you were: Approaching Castle Rog

What you were doing: Chillin' like a villain. We had stopped to catch our breath, and they asked why I was having a hard time following them, so I mentioned how dark it was. Confusion ensued.

*Current installed version: 1.6.0.1

*Server(s) you were on: Canada 1, just prior to a server reset due to some players complaining of lag issues. I had no lag issues, but my clock was off.

*Your system specs:

*Timeline of events before/after error:

Hello,

I would like to report this.

Me and my friend both joined same server, both have watches, the watches are 2 hours appart, i thought maybe just being realistic in some watches not synced.

But the time of day is different, for me its almost sunset turning to die, for him its bright day time.

It makes no sense and gives huge advantages with some people.

I've noticed that too. Playing on a local server here on UTC-8, it was night out, about 9 or 10 PM; but looking out the window here, it's broad daylight, not even 2 PM yet. The server wasn't running an inverted day/night cycle, either, as far as I could tell.

The server currently only sends the same time to all JIP clients. So if the server was started at 6:30 then everyone who joins is at 6:30 and move along on their own from there. If you start a server at sunset and it becomes dark, just rejoin and it will be sunset again.

It's supposed to send the current server time to JIP clients, but it doesn't. It still could be fixed with normal mission scripting though. Manually set the JIP clients to the correct time when they join.

It's a de-synchronization issue with servers. If the server restarts, everyone will have the same time again.

I ran into this issue last night. I was driving a vehicle in the dark and complained to my friend who said I was driving like I was blind. I said it was dark out and he laughed and said it was daytime for him. It was 8pm on the server clock (checked my watch). This was in version 1.7.1.1

It's a de-synchronization issue with servers. If the server restarts' date=' everyone will have the same time again.

[/quote']

You are correct if the server restarts everyone begins on the same time again. I believe what is happening is restarting the server forces everyone to log out and log in again.

The same effect can be achieved by not restarting the server and having everyone log out/log in. This is because there is only one join time (see my previous post).

I ran into this issue last night. I was driving a vehicle in the dark and complained to my friend who said I was driving like I was blind. I said it was dark out and he laughed and said it was daytime for him. It was 8pm on the server clock (checked my watch). This was in version 1.7.1.1

In this case if you logged out of the server and reconnected it would be daylight again for you.

Does anyone understand my previous post explaining this? I'm not sure I am explaining this correct, it is a bit complicated to explain.

I'm referring to the fact there is only ONE time sent by the server. Your computer goes on it's own after that.