Sign in to follow this  
Dreadfell

Why didnt anyone tell me!

So I am almost dead(les than 2000 blood)and looking like crazy for beans or matches. I have 6 raw meat, So im in this building thats like a parking garage. I search every floor and nothing,going unconcous alot. I finaly give up and discover a natural fire in a metal can on bottom floor! WTH natural fire in DAYZ? Anyway I cooked and ate to revive myself and am going good again. Where else are their natural fire?

Stary Sobor at the Military Tents!

Best place for Cooking :D

Edited by nicebasi

You can find some other barrels near the tents in Berezino, but for those you'll need matches to light'em up.

I was on US 838 LA yesterday. I shot at some Coyote backpack, hatchet wielding newbie and they DC. A min later they are running behind me and I look and think why is he so cavalier when he is about to die and then it happens...

I fall over from nothing with 1000 blood and unconc. I think, fuck that... fucking POS hacker...

I alt+f4 (I think this is the 4th time I've had to alt out for this same BS -- I never alt out for proper fights).

I jump on another server and am at 5300 blood and bleeding with a 2 min unconc. I arise at 1100 blood and by the time I bandage I am at like 500. I have two meats and eat them. 2100 blood now, and I am running from Balota to the east to look for animals... nothing...

After about 30 mins of this, passing out every minute, sometimes twice in a row, I give up and log. I wait for a teammate to jump on and ask them to come save me, with the promise of a nice shiny weapon (I have/had DMR/m14 combo). They oblige, they would have done it anyway, they are good people. I log in and I my humanity bugs out. I am not losing the second weapon, cause that would leave me with nothing (skin bugs out and I would have lost the pack and seconday primary). I relog and wouldn't you know it, I am at 12K blood.

Mm... fuck you hacking kid.

The self entitlement of some of these douches is extraordinary. I can't wait till this gets fixed, and all of that script, get banned.

US 838 has a rule, too. If you pick up a hacked weapon from an ammo box, you will be banned too.

Thank you! That should have been the rule from the start. Also, if you pick up a weapon off a dead player that isn't part of the mod, you should be gone, as well.

Ignorance is no excuse.

Also, the hackers can stop you from alt+f4ing, it seems. I was hacked later on another server near Cherno and with a clip and I tried to alt+f4 out but nothing happened. Heh.

Seriously, I hope most of these kids die in a fire of AIDS.

I was on US 838 LA yesterday. I shot at some Coyote backpack, hatchet wielding newbie and they DC. A min later they are running behind me and I look and think why is he so cavalier when he is about to die and then it happens...

I fall over from nothing with 1000 blood and unconc. I think, fuck that... fucking POS hacker...

I alt+f4 (I think this is the 4th time I've had to alt out for this same BS -- I never alt out for proper fights).

I jump on another server and am at 5300 blood and bleeding with a 2 min unconc. I arise at 1100 blood and by the time I bandage I am at like 500. I have two meats and eat them. 2100 blood now, and I am running from Balota to the east to look for animals... nothing...

After about 30 mins of this, passing out every minute, sometimes twice in a row, I give up and log. I wait for a teammate to jump on and ask them to come save me, with the promise of a nice shiny weapon (I have/had DMR/m14 combo). They oblige, they would have done it anyway, they are good people. I log in and I my humanity bugs out. I am not losing the second weapon, cause that would leave me with nothing (skin bugs out and I would have lost the pack and seconday primary). I relog and wouldn't you know it, I am at 12K blood.

The self entitlement of some of these douches is extraordinary. I can't wait till this gets fixed, and all of that script, get banned.

US 838 has a rule, too. If you pick up a hacked weapon from an ammo box, you will be banned too.

Thank you! That should have been the rule from the start. Also, if you pick up a weapon off a dead player that isn't part of the mod, you should be gone, as well.

Ignorance is no excuse.

Also, the hackers can stop you from alt+f4ing, it seems. I was hacked later on another server near Cherno and with a clip and I tried to alt+f4 out but nothing happened. Heh.

What the fuck are you talking about?

• Like 1

Yes, chowing on animals is great. It sounds like you were at the half-constructed building on the outskirts of Cherno. You can find nifty stuff there, but I normally don't risk going to Cherno/Electro/Tents unless I'm already dying, since there are usually players there who will help you respawn. But I agree with you, many of the new player guides gloss over some useful facts - like you should always check your list of available commands with mousewheel (or whatever your binding is) to see what actions may be possible.

Hatchets are pretty common, hunting knives turn up once in a great while, but matches are hard to come by. Once I have knife and matches, I spend most of my time hunting game.

And I can beat your story. I was dying of thirst, ticking down from 3500 blood. All I could find was jerry cans, ammunition, bandages, and an empty water bottle (Noooooooooooo! Why do you hate me God?). Then finally I found a hatchet, and started out to go bleary-eyed Zed hunting to see if I couldn't find a soda that way. At 3000 blood, I almost didn't notice that I was walking past a well. One un-empty water bottle later, I would still need to find food, but I was temporarily saved.

The self entitlement of some of these douches is extraordinary.

I have to agree. You fired at an unarmed opponent, but they are the "bad guy"?

Just FYI I have found you can light any natural fire source(barrells is all I have found)without matches. Also can choose to extemguish.

Ignorance is no excuse.

I don't believe you read the thread topic...