Sign in to follow this  
stealth2668

Game takes FOREVER to load?

But in the end you are able to play ?

If loading takes really long just ry another server.

Some servers i try give me the same problem, my game is froozen on the loading screen, only way to get out is to close arma completely the hard way, alt tab out and close true taskmaneger.

• Like 1

3 minutes is not long especially if you were around at the begining, it used to take in excess of 5.

Are you getting stuck in loading or eventually getting through?

I've found since the latest update my load in times have dramatically decreased but it depends on the server and how many other people are logging on (and keeping the hive busy) at the same time

1.7.2.5 with the latest ARMA 2 beta has been incredibly fast for me. < 30 seconds consistently.

If you're using Six Updater, make sure to get 1725 and the beta manually because I don't think updater is pushing them yet.

I agree, the loading times with 1.7.2.5 are better, but only when connecting to a server running that version. If you attempt to connect to servers running and older version, you will suffer from some pretty long load times, and a possible respawn on the coast.

ya i guess it was frozen and i thought it was still loading. Rejoined and it was much quicker? Also how do you update? I used the six updater and looked for updates but I don't think it worked. I still Have 1.7.2.4

Yeah, myself and some friends have encountered several issues with loading times. Sometimes it works good for us, I have luck on certain servers and so do they, it just depends really.

If you are waiting for more than five minutes, I'd say quit out and re-join.

ya i guess it was frozen and i thought it was still loading. Rejoined and it was much quicker? Also how do you update? I used the six updater and looked for updates but I don't think it worked. I still Have 1.7.2.4

I recommend DayZ Commander. it's a very good launcher, lots of features and super easy to update with.

www.dayzcommander.com

Anyone else getting really long load times? like 3 minutes +?

Yes. Welcome to DayZ. :) It's not on your end, so don't stress.

Yes. Welcome to DayZ. :) It's not on your end, so don't stress.

I always stuck in loading, and it it for ever, i can only play on Private Hive servers, can you help me ?

I always stuck in loading, and it it for ever, i can only play on Private Hive servers, can you help me ?

Well theres a few different scenarios. One is stuck on loading, with the bar? The other stuck on black screen with loading. The one with the bar; restart game/rejoin server, it most likely wont ever load if it sticks there for more than 4-10 secs (roughly). When it sticks on loading, are you getting past "character create"? If so, just be patient, or try another server. If if sticks on character create too long it most likely wont load either, so rejoin or try another server.

You really have to go through a lot of trial and error, but try to find a server which you know works for friends etc, or failing that, join a server which has just restarted or has few people in it (though low pop server could mean its not a good one too). The only other thing I can suggest is make sure you have your firewall set to allow arma2OA.exe, check your modem/router settings, restart your modem and all that usual stuff you do when net is running slow.

If you're having no issues with other games, I don't know what else to suggest but the above, but perhaps someone else more knowledgable might help you too. Hope you get it to work! I know my first couple of days of DayZ were extremely frustrating, but it's worth the persistance as it is such an incredible mod! So don't give up!

Ok, today i got this for the first time. Have been trying to play all day and all I ever get to is the loading screen (not the white loading bar). I have everything uptodate. I can get to the multiplayer list - click ok - get the DayZ loading screen - recieve the file - receiving screen for a flash of a second - Loading white bar- then just the loading screen. I dont even get to the creating player screen or the setup complete screen.

I have tried about 30 servers since 7am GMT but get nowhere. Really frustrating to get this for the first time. Played fine 2 days ago.

Suggestions?

Use DayZ Commander.Use the handy feature to make sure you have the right version of ARMA. The RIGHT version not LATEST. There is a graph on the side showing what patch is being used by most servers. Use the "correct ARMA version" filter. Then sort servers by ping and look for one that isn't close to full (the more people playing, the longer the load times). Although don't be a pussy and choose an empty one. Also make sure you load without Steam. It's more trouble then it's worth.

Should load reasonably quickly then.

• Like 1

Use DayZ Commander.Use the handy feature to make sure you have the right version of ARMA. The RIGHT version not LATEST. There is a graph on the side showing what patch is being used by most servers. Use the "correct ARMA version" filter. Then sort servers by ping and look for one that isn't close to full (the more people playing, the longer the load times). Although don't be a pussy and choose an empty one. Also make sure you load without Steam. It's more trouble THAN<- (fixed it for you) it's worth.

Should load reasonably quickly then.

Only problem i have with DayZ Commander (which i just started to try) is that most of the servers don't even show up. They show up fine in-game but the list I see for Aus servers in DayZ Cmdr is very short, less than 10servers, whereas in-game I have a list of a bout 30servers in Aus. Not sure why this is but it was the same with Six. I prefer manual update but thought some of the functionality in DaZ Cmdr would be worth it.

Edited by Irenicus