Sign in to follow this  
Ticonderoga

Server Locked (?)

hey people,

I've seen so many reports in the server reports forum about some servers being locked. I know of some people locking their servers to play with their friends without hackers. You know this hacker shit became rampant, so i could understand this. And also there are people locking their servers to scavenge stuff and rack up vehicles for their own ( maybe an unfair advantage). In my opinion locked servers aren't a great problem, sure there are some people abusing it, but why care about it. There are thousands of well geared people, i wouldn't care about some more server-admins with high end gear and i also don't care about server-admins which rack up all their vehicles for their own. i wouldn't play on these servers and don't care about them anymore. Atm If i had a server i would lock it too(and also i would give the password to some people i know well), because atm it's the best way to avade hackers and wait for Rocket's/BattleEye's countermeasures for these hackers.

What do you think about it? ( discuss ;DDD and don't call me a carebear <3)

EDIT: im pretty unsure, if server general is the right section. If not plxxx move.

Edited by Ticonderoga

i think this should really not be allowed. Or those servers with titles: A clan server/don't join!!Ban if you join!! I mean wtf!!!

I agree, I like the idea of locked servers. While I completely understand the Dev's reasoning behind not allowing it, not all communities are abusive (of the Hive). It's a shame that so few people can ruin things for the rest.