Sign in to follow this  
tockeR

Working Fix for graphical glitching???

Is their any working fixes for the graphical glitching on dead soldiers??

I have updated to even the latest hotfix. nothing works. Can't loot any of the airfields or deer stands without problems.

Video card: Ati 7950

Working fixes?

Nvidia users can turn off Ambient Occlusion.

Ati don't have it LOL. erm Try enabling vsync in your card settings. that "should" help

going to curse it now...but all i did was reset my video memory settings to high and then default, then quit to lobby and rejoin. it's been gone for days....probably just a coincidence though.

For me the "flush" option does work in 99% of the graphic glitches.

Press "left shift" and the minus sign "-" on the numpad, then type "flush" without the quotes.

This will flush something and after screen returns the glitches are gone.

Again for me this is working perfect in 99% of the cases.

So when i encounter the glitches i do the flush thingy and all is cool again, dont do the flush thingy if chased by zed's, because your screen will go black for a few seconds.

• Like 1

For me the "flush" option does work in 99% of the graphic glitches.

Press "left shift" and the minus sign "-" on the numpad, then type "flush" without the quotes.

This will flush something and after screen returns the glitches are gone.

Again for me this is working perfect in 99% of the cases.

So when i encounter the glitches i do the flush thingy and all is cool again, dont do the flush thingy if chased by zed's, because your screen will go black for a few seconds.

I use this as well. Just remember when typing flush, you won't see the letters. you just hit enter and it will cause your screen to go black for a few seconds.

snip

According to rocket, the problem is with the engine. There is no 100% fix for it yet.

going to curse it now...but all i did was reset my video memory settings to high and then default, then quit to lobby and rejoin. it's been gone for days....probably just a coincidence though.

This works for me but I dont have to restart.

I switched to windowed mode (press Esc to bring up the menu, then hold alt and press enter), then changed resolution, and then switched back to full screen mode. No more graphical glitches since.

What others have said, there are 2 things you can try.

1.) hit escape, go into Options, VIdeo, and under Advanced Video, toggle Video Memory to Very High (see if that fixes it), if not turn it back to Default (see if that fixes it).

2.) hit left shift key, then "-" key, then type "flush" (you will not be able to see what your typing but this flushes the video memory.

Edited by BigCountry

As far as I know, flushing the video memory rarely works. For me it never has worked. Nor have any of the other "fixes".

sometimes switching hdr to very high and then back to normal helps me.. didn't have the bug before 1.7.2.5...

Edited by aenima

I don't understand, everybody is talking about the flush thing.. But I don't have a numpad because I am playing on a gaming PC. What can I do then? I change the zoom in & zoom out and zoom in(toggle) & zoom out(toggle) from + and - on the numpad(i don't have numpad) to arrow button up, and arrow button down, I don't understand what this flush method is, can someone please help me and tell me what to do when I do not have a numpad? :)

-SliZeD