Stephen_-_

Screen Freeze ingame

Hello I recently began playing dayz and at first there where no problems but after a week or a little bit more the started freezing ingame and forcing me to restart my pc. Sometimes instead of only freezing the screen it also creates blue figures on the screen and after some seconds the moniter loses connection to the vga. My video card driver is up to date because i just checked.

Pc specs:

CPU : intel core i7-2600k 3.4 ghz

RAM: 8 gb

System: Windows 7 64 bit

Graphics card: Nvidia GTS 250

Please help i realy can't understand what the hell is going on in the computer. Never seen anything like it. Thanks

I just Bought 3 fans to make sure its not. And downloaded a program to see the temprature its at 60c

i dont think its over heating. If it would be over heating i don't think it would leave me restart it at that same moment

Edited by Stephen_-_

No only when i play dayz and it is very random, sometimes after 5 seconds game play and other times 2 hours.

Mine will do this also. Just once in awhile. I also have to restart the computer. I can play it for a few days without this happening then other days a few times. My screen has my player froze in place. can not esc hve to ctrl alt delete to shut down. Task manager says ArmA2 OA not responding.

Computer Specs

Alienware

I5 CPU

8 GB RAM

GT 335M Video Card

by "blue figures" do you mean a windows bluescreen or just patches of blue color in dayz?

just patches of blue color in dayz, and to day i got a black screen and then also a blue screen. any ideas ?

My video card is going insane ?

Edited by Stephen_-_

Mine will do this also. Just once in awhile. I also have to restart the computer. I can play it for a few days without this happening then other days a few times. My screen has my player froze in place. can not esc hve to ctrl alt delete to shut down. Task manager says ArmA2 OA not responding.

Computer Specs

Alienware

I5 CPU

8 GB RAM

GT 335M Video Card

Mine just freezes the computer cant even get to task manager

just patches of blue color in dayz, and to day i got a black screen and then also a blue screen. any ideas ?

My video card is going insane ?

what did the bluescreen say? i need to know if it mentions a certain file or any other reason and also what it says after the "STOP"...should be something like "STOP 0x0000E..." or similar...

however...there seems to be something wrong with your computer. could be faulty hardware or a driver problem...

random bluescreens and freezing often point to faulty hardware...

if it only happens when you do something specific, it's either a driver, the program itself or some 3rd party software running in the background and has direct access to hardware (e.g. system tools)...

if you know somebody who knows about computers (really knows, not someone who claims to, because he has installed his os himself once), maybe it's wiser to ask him, so he can look at your pc and see the whole picture, because such things are hard to diagnose remotely...

there is no time to read the blue screen its too fast xD ... i will try if it does it again. Driver should be alright. I think is a hardware problem. But if its that how come it only happens when dayz is running? I have an 8600 gt should i try to see if it does the same?

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ht/automatic-restart-windows-7.htm

do what is said here to disable the reboot after bluescreen...this way it stays and you can read it...

you have to manually reset windows when this setting is off...

regarding the other video card:

did you upgrade to the 250 from the 8600?

if so, did you uninstall the old driver and reinstalled a new one or did you just switch cards and let windows detect it automatically?

nvidia is known for its cards overheating i suggest buying water cooling or installing more fans

Edited by Dylon

I just Bought 3 fans to make sure its not. And downloaded a program to see the temprature its at 60c

i dont think its over heating. If it would be over heating i don't think it would leave me restart it at that same moment

http://pcsupport.abo...t-windows-7.htm

do what is said here to disable the reboot after bluescreen...this way it stays and you can read it...

you have to manually reset windows when this setting is off...

regarding the other video card:

did you upgrade to the 250 from the 8600?

if so, did you uninstall the old driver and reinstalled a new one or did you just switch cards and let windows detect it automatically?

Ok i removed the automatic reboot now its just a matter of when he gives me the bluescreen.

And no i have formatted the pc several times since I changed the graphic card. When i get a blue screen i tell you the error. Thx for the support so far :D

That was fast...Let me give you the error

*** STOP : 0x00000116(0xFFFFFA8007A3C010, 0xFFFFF88010B541A4, 0xFFFFFFFFC000009A, 0x0000000000000004)

***nvlddmkm.sys - Address FFFFFF88010B541A4 base at FFFFF8800FE11000, Date Stamp 4fb20748

67d5e8b0.jpg

ok, so this is most likely your video card or its driver...

the newest nvidia driver is version "301.42". if you are using this try downgrading to an older version...

if you're not using this, well...use it... :P

when installing new drivers for troubleshooting always completely uninstall the driver, reboot windows and then install the new one...

if none of this helps, uninstall the driver again, switch you card with your 8600 and install the driver...

are you using any 3rd party software for checking temps or fps while in game? if so disable or uninstall it...

if this also doesn't work there has to be something wrong with another component, like the mainboard or ram or your windows installation...

in that case you need somebody to have a look at your pc personally, because stuff like that is kinda hard to diagnose and fix remotely...