Spratt

can i run dayz nvidia geoforce 8200

sorry to be posting this but im just so unsure and id rather not spend £25 on a game i cant run. I have a nvidia geforce 8200 and havent change the graphics card thats been built into since i got it. i used can i run this and it told me i couldnt despite meating all the requirements. I think maby its buged can some one clear this up for me?

post-93746-0-03397300-1345114484_thumb.j

whats ur processor speed? ur gfx doesnt control most of the FPS its ur processor that controls it the most and obviously u Over meet the requirement for ur gfx card lol

Edited by Jasmer

i have

AMD Athlon™ II X3 425 Processor

2.7 GHz Performance Rated at: 5.00 GHz

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 64-bit

GeForce 9200

Video RAM 256 MB 1.4 GB green_checkmark_small.gifHardware T&L Yes Yes green_checkmark_small.gifPixel Shader version 3.0 4.0 green_checkmark_small.gifVertex Shader version 3.0 4.0

it seem to always say my video card wont work =/ even though its better than recomended

Edited by Spratt

I'm running DayZ (and ArmA2) with a NVidia 9800GT which works without a problem.

However, since my GPU is so bad (actually it isn't but compared to newer cards it is) the game uses my CPU to take of some heat.

Since I have a decent CPU (Intel i7 940) I can run DayZ at High grafics, but without the gimmics (HDR, AA, post-processing, etc).

The mimum specs for ArmA2 are:

- Processor: Dual Core CPU for Intel or AMD

- Memory/RAM: 1 GB

- Video Card: Nvidia Geforce 7800 / ATI Radeon 1800 or faster with Shader Model 3 and 256 MB VRAM

But I suggest to get a little better CPU for DayZ (due zed pathfinding).

So your computer should be able to run DayZ without any problems, but everything at low graphics.

thanks ill try it =/ hope it works. Thanks for the help

your gfx card is very slow and it doesn't meet the requirements...

it tells you that the needed features are supported, but it isn't fast enough...

the minimum req is a gf 7800 which is faster than your 8200/9200...

the first digit of the model tells you what generation your card is (what features are supported)

the second digit tells you the performance class...anything below x400 is too slow...with current gen.

the older the generation, the higher the second digit needs to be...

just for a rough estimate...

Edited by gorg_graggel