Sign in to follow this  
harken (DayZ)

Please wipe all servers of items, tents and vehicles

Wait...people are afraid of losing their stuff when they die?

Obviously we can't let that happen.

Wiping without fixing the various duping bugs/exploits beforehand is useless. You seriously can't see this?

If storage is taken away, then the bugs won't matter and everyone would experience permadeath, which is the point of this game. If storage isn't taken away, no one cares about permadeath and the bugs can't be resolved until standalone.

So it's either permadeath without bugs or bugs and without permadeath.

And I think that's really what this argument is about...how many gamebreaking bugs are some players willing to accept as long as they can have their own personal exploits preserved.

How about they just disable tents and don't enable them until they're fixed?

awesome idea.

edit:

And I think that's really what this argument is about...how many gamebreaking bugs are some players willing to accept as long as they can have their own personal exploits preserved.

some players == the bad ones

Edited by spliff

Great point. No really it is. So that way whoever OWNS the server, most likely the clan or a few friends who chipped in, will just lock the server and keep everyone out. Get their vehicle and restock up the weapons and ammo and whatever they need. Unlock the server and let the masses come in to EXACTLY what it was before.

If storage is taken away, then the bugs won't matter and everyone would experience permadeath, which is the point of this game. If storage isn't taken away, no one cares about permadeath and the bugs can't be resolved until standalone.

So it's either permadeath without bugs or bugs and without permadeath.

Duping is not solely done via tent/vehicle stashes, you know? As I said, it's useless to wipe everything until we get to a point where things can't easily get duped - be it intentional or unintentional - anymore.

Also, I do not think that there even is any argument about this. No legit player wants duping to happen. The dev(s) don't want it to happen. It's simply a technical issue. And simply wiping the tents/vehicles just won't do (unless the various other duping methods have been adressed, too).

Hopefully, this issue will resolve itself with standalone.

Edited by Fector