Sign in to follow this  
chris p. bacon

Cars spawn with loot?

I just found a Red UAZ at the Stary Sobor military base, and it was loaded with loot. I'm talking M107, mags, AKM, M16A4 ACOG, M16A2, M9 SD, etc, etc, etc.

It spawned in the regular car spot. It was missing two tires, full fuel, slightly damaged engine, damaged fuel tank. Full windscreen.

So; do cars spawn with loot, or did someone put it in there?

Helicopters spawn with 5x coke

Other than that i never saw a vehicle with loot in it when it spawned.

Could possibly be, that it despawned for the owner and resetted position back to its spawn point, but still contains the items he saved in the vehicle.

This has happened couple of times for a teammate.

Fun times :P

Edit: and yea, a red UAZ definetly looks fishy.

Edited by Azrail

So could I be banned for taking something out of it? If its hacked?

Unlikely, people pick up duped/hacked items all the time. It's more of an ethical standpoint.

Our UAZ spawned with 20x Dragunov Mags ^^ But it was a standard color, normal vehicle spawn.

I've heard you won't be banned by taking the items in it. It's really the person who spawned it that will be banned. Enjoy your loot, bud!

edit: I do want to mention that when my buddy and I run across hacked weapons we typically take them from the tent/vehicle they are in and just drop them on the ground somewhere random. But we keep the legit stuff

Edited by Unibek
  • Like 1

I just found a Red UAZ at the Stary Sobor military base, and it was loaded with loot. I'm talking M107, mags, AKM, M16A4 ACOG, M16A2, M9 SD, etc, etc, etc.

It spawned in the regular car spot. It was missing two tires, full fuel, slightly damaged engine, damaged fuel tank. Full windscreen.

So; do cars spawn with loot, or did someone put it in there?

A red UAZ? That's some hacked in crud there. I don't think you should be banned, just the one's who spawned it. Enjoy your loot indeed.

The red UAZ isn't hacked...UAZ is a car that is in the game, check on the DayZ wiki...says it comes in a red variant...I've seen it spawn at the point in Stary many times...right next to the white shot out car at the military tents. Not sure about the weapons though. Doesn't the military Ural start with a load of stuff in it?

Edited by Timmymachine109

Loot does actually spawn in vehicles, but yeah that's still probably not natural. I don't think it has to be a hacker; in fact, I know what COULD have happened. When I was trying to fix up a car with no wheels in it's spawn point, I emptied my inventory into it so I'd have room for wheels and then went around the town. Maybe you found someone who had put their stuff in it and then wandered off to find materials to repair it. Or, it could just be a hacker.

But loot does spawn in vehicles. I found a bus with a car wheel, a few sodas and binoculars before. Another one I found just have binoculars. Found a red UAZ with a map in it, too.