Sign in to follow this  
FriendlyScripter

Stuck on "Setup Completed"? Want to Keep Gear? [SOLUTION]

Hello everyone, I had this problem and solved it. Thanks to Nand for the solution:

1 - Downgrade to Arma 2 Version 95417

2 - Downgrade to DayZ Version 1.7.2.4

3 - Load into a game - I fixed my issue on US 1049

4 - Wait a long time to spawn into debug land

5 - Run east until you're in Chernarus

6 - Meet up with a friend that has a spare Ghillie Suit/Camo Clothing

7 - Put on the Ghillie Suit - a quick "Setup Completed" message will appear on your screen and you will also now have sound

8 - Run around for at least 5 minutes and have your friend or zombies kill you

9 - Reconnect to the same server, you should now be able to spawn a new character

The problem with the method is that you have to run 25km and you need a friend that has a spare Ghillie/Camo clothing that is near the corner of the map.... This is where I come in.

I'm using scripts, the plan is:

- When you join to the debug area (after 10 - 20 min of setup completed) I will teleport you and provide you a ghillie/camo clothing/civilian clothing and murder you. (don't get me wrong, you need to do this unless you want to spawn back to debug) after you rejoin with the problem resolved, I will teleport you again to your body so you can loot your gear back.

This is the fastest solution and I'm willing to give help for those that cannot play the game.

HOW TO CONTACT ME TO DO THIS:

http://us5.chatzy.com/33371342801371

This steps are extremely important or it will not work. The best way to downgrade your beta patch/DayZ Version to 1.7.2.4 is using DayZCommander or doing it mannualy. (dayzcommander go to versions and select 95417 and 1.7.2.4 and click install on both...)

1 - Downgrade to Arma 2 Version 95417

2 - Downgrade to DayZ Version to 1.7.2.4

I know some of you will be mad because I use scripts, but I consider myself a "friendly" scripter..

• Like 4

*Note* To spawn in debug go to your gear and equip your flashlight and aim. According to some that will spawn you faster than waiting the 15 minutes until it spawns you..

Oh yeah. Seems totally legit. :rolleyes:

Im making them a favor, Let's just let their friend find ghillies and a 4 hour walk. right? What do they have to lose? I don't need any gear. I've got unlimited gear of whatever I want.

Edited by FriendlyScripter

Sounds like a great man, I'll be contacting you tomorrow :) thanks for doing this, words can't explain :)

Let me know when u r on so u can help me, i'll be waiting in chatzy :)

even add me on skype:ricksway123

Edited by ricksway

He's the debug version of a medic who helps when you're bleeding out!

This WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by WalkingDead
  • Like 1

What about the people who are stuck in the "Loading" screen in 1.7.2.4?

They need to put the updated version into the @dayZ map and use DayZ Commander instead of sixlauncher. unless they wanna keep adding those files over and over.

I got helped in this manner, totally legit. Gave me back the gear I originally had and saved me from being stuck inside a building in Novy Sobor. Can we hire guys like this to work as Devs and fix people's problems? They already kinda know how, and some of the "scripters" are actually really nice helpful people who just do their best to prevent the bugs in the game from ruining your experience. When I go the debug zone / respawn glitch last night I lost legitimately earned: NVG, Ghillie, M9SD, SVD Camo, GPS, and a Coyote + all the requisite stuff you'd find easier than that. And I was genuinely about to call it a month and download Counter Strike out of frustration with dying to a bug, not a person, and being stuck underneath a building with no way out other than to stay logged in until I bled to death. Then this saved me. Now I'm back having fun with my buddies... anyways, a big thank you to the nice scripters.

Shit, I missed this thread :/ Can someone who is still out there (NW side of map so I can run to map) PM me and help me out tomorrow?

tried this, cant get past the loading screen when I revert back to the older versions using dayzcommander

so how do I get this to work with version 1.7.2.4 and 95417 when the only way I can even spawn is to use Commander and update to the latest version?

Edited by deadbambi

Follow the directions above. If you have a guilie suit, your pretty much good to go. but if not, then you better find a hacker friend/camp that has one. This is confirmed to work though for any of you with doubts.

btw use dayz commander to downgrade and all that.

Ok heres what I did, since I used to use scripts anyways....yeah yeah I know, say what you want, but I wasnt a griefer scripter like some people and like I said "I USED to use scripts" they dont work anymore on the newer versions.

After I downgraded to the proper versions, I was stuck on the loading screen, after 30 minutes or so, I pressed the key to load my scripts menu, when I did that, I spawned....albeit still in the debug land.

From there I teleported myself to a spot on the map and spawned a large supply crate, I already had a ghillie suit, and if I put on another ghillie suit it didnt do anything, so I grabbed the civilian clothes from the crate and put them on, and when I did that it actually worked as the server updated my character.

I teleported into town, ran around for 5 minutes harassing zombies (server was empty, nothing to do and nobody else to kill me) and then I killed myself with satchel charges, then I respawned on the same server. Everything seemed to be in check, so I then upgraded my game to current version again and joined a server to verify that it worked as it should. When I found out it worked, I reverted back to an older version again so my scripts would work, joined a server, grabbed all my gear that I wanted back, ran around for a few minutes then exited the server. Updated the versions again to the most current version and joined another server, and there I was, on an up to date server with all my gear back and playing like normal....again, the scripts dont work on newer versions so save yourself from busting my balls about it.

So maybe, if people are having trouble being stuck at the loading screen, they should try a script package and give this method a shot.

I'd do that but I'd end up banned with my luck. You should help some bros out (me) by giving us clothing :) would be legendary

Edited by Nibl

I got mine fixed, if anyone wants help they can add me on skype: stoney300

My method works even for the people that are on loading screen, proven once.

Warning: I script, you don't like it, then don't ask me for help.

Edited by Legolarsan