Manatee (DayZ)

[Can't join any servers] Desync at 100K, high ping, bandwidth low

Starting today I have not been able to connect to any servers in DayZ, where i have been playing for the past two weeks with zero problems. Now when i try to join a server, it stays at 90% of "Receiving Data" for what feels like an eternity before finally starting all of the other loading processes, then it gets stuck on "Waiting for character to create" or whatever for another 10 minutes, then "Loading" where i have sat for about 45 minutes before giving up.

All of this time my friends were in the server playing just fine, and monitoring my connection stats from the player info.

This is what they tell me it says when i try to connect:

My ping is 644, bandwidth 62, desync is over 100,000.

Those aren't typos. 100,000 desync is what it's showing when I'm trying to connect to a server

Meanwhile, the server acts like my ping should be 4, or at least that's what it says in the lobby before i press the OK button. (the server is in my city)

So does anyone know what this is or how i can fix it?

Some things you should know:

0. I have exhaustively searched google and these forums for people with similar problems, and they either don't exist, or no solution was ever found that worked.

1. I have verified steam cache for arma and OA respectively in steam

2. i have manually reinstalled the dayz files as well as the beta client and run it from the batch file

3. i tried to use six updater but that doesn't help.

4. i tried to use dayz commander but that doesn't help.

5. My speedtest results say this http://www.speedtest.../2122435829.png

6. I cannot access my router because i am at a university where the network is provided for me, so if you have suggestions about changing network settings, i cannot do that, but i could request that the network admin look into some things if we figure out that something has to be changed. I'll need specific instructions i can send to him/her if this is the case.

7. i have manually replaced the BattlEye files in their respective folders at least 4 times, and verified they were all there.

So the question is, how does the game suddenly stop letting me play it overnight?

Edited by Manatee

Try updating the game to latest beta with Commander and from six launcher, stop it from updating the game. Worked for me and my specs were pretty much same

It makes no sense why that would happen within like 12 hours, i hope somebody can find a solution soon.

• Like 1

im having same solution. im using aug 10 dayz version with arma 1.62

im having same solution. im using aug 10 dayz version with arma 1.62

Not too sure what you mean by that, like OP said if it is something to do with college internet what is it? If a workaround is possible i hope it's found out.

The servers my friend can get into take a very long time and then he is kicked shortly after. Its usually because of something wrong with Rocks2.pbo or high ping due to the desync and what not.

no, it's not the latest version... and it's beta update so i'm guessing steam won't apply it. I installed it with Commander

reinstalled windows 7 AGAIN using a different disk (i suspect the first one was messed up somehow) and now commander will run just fine, but i still have the problems described in the first post regarding joining servers.

going to try to have the server admin open ports 2302, 2303, 2305 and 2307 both TCP and UDP

and turn off UPnP if possible