Sign in to follow this  
Frozen (DayZ)

Double action revolver

in the era of assault rifles and 50. cal BMG AMRs, its kinda silly that the only revolver around is single action(so slow fire rate can only be single action). so why no add a double action version, with increased fire rate(up to that of 1911 at least)?

pretty sure it's a double action; you pull the trigger, the hammer pulls back, and the gun fires all in one motion. i think the idea of the slow fire rate is to even out it's power. generally speaking, it's harder to shoot in quick succession with a revolver than a semi auto anyway.

pretty sure it's a double action; you pull the trigger, the hammer pulls back, and the gun fires all in one motion. i think the idea of the slow fire rate is to even out it's power. generally speaking, it's harder to shoot in quick succession with a revolver than a semi auto anyway.

Yeah what he said.

on the other hand, the fire rate is only limited by body`s capabilities of the shooter, when semi-auto pistol has its fire rate capped by mechanism.

The accuracy of a revolver depends on how you fire it. If you just pull the trigger, it won't be as accurate as when you shoot after manually cocking the hammer. Maybe this is a better idea

on the other hand, the fire rate is only limited by body`s capabilities of the shooter, when semi-auto pistol has its fire rate capped by mechanism.

not really. any semi auto that i've shot will fire just as fast as you can pull the trigger. there's also full auto pistols which shoot faster than all hell. the mechanism of a semi auto doesn't affect it's fire rate unless you're pulling the trigger at superhuman speed.

The accuracy of a revolver depends on how you fire it. If you just pull the trigger, it won't be as accurate as when you shoot after manually cocking the hammer. Maybe this is a better idea

+1 for this, would be cool to see in game.