Bender_PSNHu6da1of

Open Bag Button hidden under Filter

Hey all

So I pursuaded my friend to get Arma 2 OA and get Arma 2 Free as she plays on a laptop and isn't that much of a graphics whore.

When on Skype, I was teaching her about the inventory system, and when I got to the bag bit, I was telling her to click Open Bag. She kept telling me there was no Open Bag.

I told her there was. I got fustrated. I told her after 10 minutes to send me a print screen.

This is what she sent me.

ir9O9.jpg

So I had to apologize and get her a ghillie suit (I found a bunch of tents far up North).

What's the deal with this? I tried getting her to change interface size to Very Small and whatnot.

how is she launching the game?

I think it has something to do with the UI color

Edited by moriak
  • Like 1

ask her to try sixlauncher

or modify launch options if she's using steam/shortcut

... it's surely game-related, not launcher-related, so that would change nothing, as the launchers don't alter ingame-code/graphics IMHO.

As you can see, there still is the OPEN-button just left beneath the TAKE-button, and not highlighted, only half-written/-shown.

I think it depends on her GUI-settings and maybe resolutions.

I am currently trying to reproduce the problem, I'll tell you what I will eventually find out.

... if you refer to me, I have no good news for you :(

Whatever option/combination I choose, I could not reproduce anything comparable.

Which version is your friend playing? Because my inventory is brownish and not green like hers (never was green for me)?

Does she use any add-ons that manipulate the GUI-color?

My Debug-monitor also looks a little different than your friend's, my listed informations are centered, not left-justified.

Whatever that causes, will probably cause the messing with missing buttons too.

And could you make her a screen of her video options tab (including the advanced options).

Thanks for the response.

She had literally just got the game. I think the UI has always been like that for her. My UI is like how you described it. I got her to change interface size to see if that changed anything, but it didn't. She doesn't use any add-ons.

I need to wait for her to come online before I ask her for the print screen, but I don't think anything from the video options will help. In fact, I have a solution, but I'd rather not post it on here for obvious reasons =P

... now I am curious... what about a PM then?

With "the game" you mean which parts of the game? Any DLCs, ArmA Free, whatever... as I never have seen the green GUI anywhere else.

Edit: did some research, another guy plays it on laptop too, has ArmA OA and ArmA Free and the same GUI-color: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/9961-video-options-messed-up/

Edited by @ndreas

it would help if you could provide the exact method of launching the game

I think I read somewhere on forum that you get green UI if you start with ArmA2 instead ArmA2:OA/CO (not sure how that is possible without getting any critical errors during startup)

@ndreas: launchers also use various launch options to start the game so it could be launcher related (pointing to wrong executable, missing parameters, etc)

Edited by moriak

Okie Dokie,

I have recently had the same issue with a few other little things to boot. My problem consisted of the Green UI, Random Errors, Not being able to Select items in the inventory and Not having the location display when I login.

My setup is ARMA 2 Free and ARMA 2:OA (From Steam), In my haste to get it installed I kicked off the Steam download before I had ARMA 2 Free downloaded and installed. So My thinking is was that I had a few files installed in the wrong order but hey it could have been my cat because I wouln't give her cheezeburgers!!! What I did was to validate the ARMA 2:OA install using stesm which picked up about 50mb of files that needed reinstalling, it downloaded them, I reinstalled Battle eye due an error on launch. Wham! Bham! I'm Back On Dayz! And The Cat has Cheezeburger!

The Motto of the story is, if you have any of the above errors or just want to waste a few mintues. Try to repair/reinstall of ARMA 2:OA.