Dr Wasteland MD

The Coalition - Changing the Culture of DayZ

I do believe we are already succeeding to some degree.

From what I can tell, a lot of bandits are up-in-arms about this. I've seen several posts and plots to 'destroy' The Coalition.

Several good medics I know have already been lured into traps via our medical assistance thread. Be on your guard.

• Like 1

I didnt think about it til today when someone brought it up but last night I was led to the Cherno hospital to save a patient, blood and morphine... I got there and he said he was on the roof... I thought nothing of it... Literally 3 seconds after the xfusion completed I was sniped. Never even heard the shot. I thought "How unfortunate, I sure will miss those NVGs" And now I fear I have been duped... Oh well, I still count it as a successful patient saved, thus is the life of a medic.

Do your duty, Medics!

We Do Not Discriminate, We Only Medicate!

• Like 1

I didnt think about it til today when someone brought it up but last night I was led to the Cherno hospital to save a patient, blood and morphine... I got there and he said he was on the roof... I thought nothing of it... Literally 3 seconds after the xfusion completed I was sniped. Never even heard the shot. I thought "How unfortunate, I sure will miss those NVGs" And now I fear I have been duped... Oh well, I still count it as a successful patient saved, thus is the life of a medic.

Do your duty, Medics!

We Do Not Discriminate, We Only Medicate!

I heard about that and was wondering if you had been tricked... :(

Yeah, I still heal anyone who asks for help. I'm only making exceptions for notable bandits I can keep track of that are actively hunting medics.

• Like 1

We began The Coalition with the aim of bringing new experiences to DayZ.

As I see it, if The Coalition servers become battlegrounds between organized bandits and survivors, that's a new experience that can bring a lot of fun to all parties involved.

Seems to me that we're accomplishing our goals.

• Like 4

As I see it, if The Coalition servers become battlegrounds between organized bandits and survivors, that's a new experience that can bring a lot of fun to all parties involved.

I <3 You!

I wanna give you raw meat cause it just seems sexier! Have more beans anyway.

P.S. Check your email - this little piggie wants his W.L. Stripes!

It is only profitable if you can kill all of us ;)

As for the crossfire problem, that might turn into a problem, though Freeside (can't speak for the rest of the Coalition) operates on a fire-only-if-fired-at policy (at least when on the job and not in high-profile areas).

They wouldn't need to kill you all. Just any group seperated from the rest of the crowd. Or even just find a camp you leave undefended for any period of time. Personally I wouldn't waste my time, because a nice empty server is where it's at for the loners.

Here's the thing. There's a sniper in Cherno. He kills someone in your group off. Loner(s) find him and kill him to eliminate a shared threat. You find the loner(s) at the site. Do you shoot assuming you found the sniper? How to do you identify your blacklisted bandits? (play only on servers with nameplates on?) You leave an ungaurded vehicle somehwere for a while, it's taken by a loner who has no clue of your ownership are they a bandit?

I see a lot of problems really. I have a hard time imagining this not being a "they're not in our clan/teamspeak they must be bandits." I mostly just see motivation to not play on servers I know coalition will frequent.

Hear hear!

Sent you an email about TMW, your PM box is full again! ;)

Divvy, I think that political factor is what will make it interesting. Kills/defending kills wont be black and white. They will use the ask first rule Im guessing and weigh the facts. If they dont have enough to punish the person on scene, they will treat it like any case with minimal to no evidence. Plus if Im not mistaken, and you can see someone soon enough, cant you scroll your mouse wheel over a body to see how it died? not sure what details it gives though, some just say 'killed by....' and nothing after.

But I personally think what they're doing with the Coalition is a brilliant idea! it puts a lot of fun into a game that is such a sandbox world. I mean hell, they could have mechanic crews that constantly gather and horde parts, let people bring their vehicles to them and trade for fixing up a vehicle. or offer to 'sell' a vehicle for A LOT of weaponry or medical supplies or something. the options are endless when you only have your imagination as the limit.

I like the idea of being more of a lone wolf with good relations with others, and being able to help if needed, sort of like what Im doing with the TMW right now. Ive been saved twice, but have been running around with them to offer my gun and help find vehicle parts. Its hard to do as a solo 'treasure hunter', but Ill figure it out. its all part of the game!

Divvy, I think that political factor is what will make it interesting. Kills/defending kills wont be black and white. They will use the ask first rule Im guessing and weigh the facts. If they dont have enough to punish the person on scene, they will treat it like any case with minimal to no evidence. Plus if Im not mistaken, and you can see someone soon enough, cant you scroll your mouse wheel over a body to see how it died? not sure what details it gives though, some just say 'killed by....' and nothing after.

Last I checked it will always return, "killed by unknown cause." But we would be happy if you tested it for us. I have Fraps, so.... ^_^ Think of it for science.

Edited by Divvy

They wouldn't need to kill you all. Just any group seperated from the rest of the crowd. Or even just find a camp you leave undefended for any period of time. Personally I wouldn't waste my time, because a nice empty server is where it's at for the loners.

Here's the thing. There's a sniper in Cherno. He kills someone in your group off. Loner(s) find him and kill him to eliminate a shared threat. You find the loner(s) at the site. Do you shoot assuming you found the sniper? How to do you identify your blacklisted bandits? (play only on servers with nameplates on?) You leave an ungaurded vehicle somehwere for a while, it's taken by a loner who has no clue of your ownership are they a bandit?

I see a lot of problems really. I have a hard time imagining this not being a "they're not in our clan/teamspeak they must be bandits." I mostly just see motivation to not play on servers I know coalition will frequent.

I think your argument has merit. The Coalition is a daunting task. We could get mired in the specifics of how we will respond to people shooting other people if we want, but I prefer to try to influence the larger picture.

What we are trying to do is bring new experiences to the community. This can include things like trying to cooperate a little more and shoot each other on sight a little less, but it also branches out to other things. You focus on the survivor getting killed unjustly, and while I won't say that will never happen, I will say that should be counter-weighted against all the other experiences we're offering survivors. Trading, transportation, medical assistance, to name a few.

We can choose to focus on all the kinks that need to be worked out, or we can choose to focus on all the new experiences that The Coalition opens up. I'd prefer to focus, for now, on the experiences.

Ooh.. just read this..

I was tempted to just edit this into my last post, but I'm pretty sure someone else will be in here in the mean time.

You talk a good talk.. but like you said, double agents..

Think about this for a minute or two.. none of you dirty bandit losers can ever trust each other long enough to discuss teaming up.

Hell, during the talks, some monkey will throw a grenade into the crowd and blow up your leadership.

This group is organized and we have a set goal and we will not allow you to get in the way of other peoples enjoyment of this game.

We will need you.. what would we do without outlaws and bandits? (and psychopaths..)

We will always be there to protect the innocent and there is nothing you pathetic bandits can do to break our resolve.

But have fun trying ;)

edit: wow, no one posted in the meantime, I should have just edited this into my last post.. :(

You act like we need to team up to dismantle this? First of all, Bandit clans exist. Second of all, Individual/ small team bandits are much more dangerous than a large group assault. Small teams, and individuals can be mobile, hidden, dangerous, unpredictable, and most of all? Dicks. You act as though this "coalition" will actually achieve something? Provide a safe haven for all those who transferred over from hello kitty: island adventure, and are tired of hiding in the woods in their soiled underwear? You think THOSE people are the ones who will repel the inevitable continuous bandit attacks? The ones who make rage posts about how everyone should be friends, and they're "NEVER GUNNA BE A BANDIT"?? lul. Whoever used the example of the medics of the wasteland is so far off. Medics are just random non-partisan helpers / targets. No one is going to work hard to kill fucking medics. For what? They don't give a shit, they just get more supplies from the hospital, and usually they don't have anything we can't fucking get ourselves. Real sociopaths don't need medics, and we don't see them. We don't care about dying. We'll enjoy killing tryhard prissy carebear survivors though. That's for sure.

And please tell me....who the hell.............would be a double agent for carebears? On the off chance you had a hypocrite that was willing to infiltrate and attack a bandit group (what bandit group worth shit recruits off the fucking street before a raid...a raid that wasn't publicly announced....so.....how would anyone infiltrate in the first place...? We're not retarded..."BANDITS RECRUITING FOR RAIDING COALITION TONIGHT! NO QUESTIONS ASKED!" ....Only survivors do that shit. It still wouldn't matter, the bandits would laugh it off, congratulate the infiltrator - kill him, then regear and head out...because that's how much death means to us. N. O. T. H. I. N. G.

Edited by Zooks
  • Like 4

If many other people such as myself join the military part of The Coalition, I assume we can crush any sort of Bandit Organization, It would be pretty awesome If there was a war though, on a server with something like 400 slots and 200 soldiers/Medics each is my dream. :P

Military part of the coalition? Do you realize that servers can hold like 50 people on average? If you guys fill a server with more than 30 people (...or even 20 people really...) You'll be fucked over by hackers almost immediately. A server with 400 slots would literally make a hacker cream his knickers. If you guys are as large scale as you claim...the bandits don't even have to do the heavy lifting...the hackers will. I wonder what will happen if the whole server of 40 people (including some that are inevitably not in the coalition) gets teleported to the very top of the map in some area for a fight to the death? probably a massacre. I wonder what will happen when a hacker starts shelling wherever you guys set up with artillery strikes. I also wonder how you'll handle everyone being insta-killed...teleported 10000 meters out in the ocean, or the wealth of other unfortunate events that befall high pop servers. This is set up to fail in so many ways. You go small? bandits outnumber you. You go big? numbers don't even matter, hackzors fur teh lulz wins.

If many other people such as myself join the military part of The Coalition, I assume we can crush any sort of Bandit Organization, It would be pretty awesome If there was a war though, on a server with something like 400 slots and 200 soldiers/Medics each is my dream. :P

That sounds like success in my opinion.

If nothing else, maybe we will bring large team based combat to DayZ, although I would like to see more of a society.

Honestly the bandit interest in The Coalition excites me. The hacker interest doesn't bother me. Hackers will do what they do. It doesn't make sense for me to change how I want to influence the game because of a minority hacker community.

My hope is that once the standalone is released, hackers will be less of a threat. Not acting because of hackers is stagnant gameplay, and, if nothing else, I'm against stagnant gameplay.

Edited by Dr Wasteland MD
  • Like 1

Military part of the coalition? Do you realize that servers can hold like 50 people on average? If you guys fill a server with more than 30 people (...or even 20 people really...) You'll be fucked over by hackers almost immediately. A server with 400 slots would literally make a hacker cream his knickers. If you guys are as large scale as you claim...the bandits don't even have to do the heavy lifting...the hackers will. I wonder what will happen if the whole server of 40 people (including some that are inevitably not in the coalition) gets teleported to the very top of the map in some area for a fight to the death? probably a massacre. I wonder what will happen when a hacker starts shelling wherever you guys set up with artillery strikes. I also wonder how you'll handle everyone being insta-killed...teleported 10000 meters out in the ocean, or the wealth of other unfortunate events that befall high pop servers. This is set up to fail in so many ways. You go small? bandits outnumber you. You go big? numbers don't even matter, hackzors fur teh lulz wins.

I said I dream, It would be awesome.

... Provide a safe haven for all those who transferred over from hello kitty: island adventure, and are tired of hiding in the woods in their soiled underwear?

Beans for nearly making me soil *my*underwear with laughter.

• Like 3

Zooksy Boy, we always have detractors, but you sir take the cake. I understand your negative attitude, but I feel this will succeed in some ways. Hackers worry me naught, I can just setup a private hive and do that there if I really wanted, but I'm not super worried. If anything, I would hope that banditos such as yourself would finally seem some revitalization back into the game with the introduction of the coalition.....I guess not

• Like 2

I love Zook's enthusiasm, He makes me lol, This Coalition will have some epic battle coming up and I for one am looking forward to it. Can't wait for things to start happening, FYI the 97ADU are fully behind this project,

and for any aussies out there that are interested in helping make this happen send me a pm

Edited by 97ADU ACiD

Hey this whole thing sounds awesome to me! Looting on chernaurus for serveral weeks and got killed serveral times. But still as a lonewolf.. i think this will ad some very good and new experiences to this game! Again appreciate your effort to this and looking forward to join the Coalition!

BTW greets and thx to Askar for saving my life

cya

When I joined this game I wasn't expecting lovelove carebear orgies on the beach but at least folks helping each other out. Instead I have douchebag ALT-F4 nubs auto sniping me with DMRs.

Since I joined tPoC my deaths have dropped by 3/4.

The Coalition is working for something here, people. We are working to save Day-Z from it's current KoS policy, and maybe just maybe make it possible for newbs to get off the coast and have actual fun.

Maybe we can acutally get people to work together like they did in early alpha. I don't know if we have any events planned but rest assured tPoC and the Coalition are already working to make Chernarus a little safer.

Well, I have a heli If that could help the cause? :D

Maybe we can acutally get people to work together like they did in early alpha. I don't know if we have any events planned but rest assured tPoC and the Coalition are already working to make Chernarus a little safer.

No events planned yet, we're more working on bringing in new organizations.

But we really should plan for an event, I'll keep that in mind.