Sign in to follow this  
WildGunsTomcat

Does anyone know if heli's are spawning?

So what I got out of this thread is, its a huge secret if they spawn or NOT.

Its not on a timer, they are placed MANUALLY! Manually for each server though?

I could understand the timer and clans camp, but um, you do know you can throw random timer like 8hrs-3day spawn... To prevent a camp fest. Also having it random spawns as they are now (as I think one can spawn at Rog)

But ya, got 0 straight answer here, and a arguement between a Admin and a troll, and OP left to rot with a "they spawn manually, shut the f up and get over it" from griff...

Best answer evar.

Really, so much hate on these forums, for no reason, and from a Admin...

I dont see what the problem is. What you can take away is that there is no pattern to where and when heli's spawn.

Sometimes they are placed in the same spot across servers, sometimes they are placed in the same spot over time.

You did get answers, but you arent thinking clearly. If they are found in the same spot, then the dev put them in the same spot.

This process was only briefly told to me when I asked if I had found a heli spawn location. I did not go in to depth with the devs about it because, well, I dont care. Either way I will have to fully explore the map to find them.

You are free to draw your own conclusions about them through playing DayZ and exploring.

Really' date=' so much hate on these forums, for no reason, and from a Admin...

[/quote'] You want to see hate? Complain about heli's to a dev...

You need to keep in mind I usually *only* deal with the trouble-makers in this forum, there is no light-hearted banter for me when I come here (and when I try, Im labelled a troll or unprofessional)...its pretty much a thankless job and I do it voluntarily. When I see people go mental over what I deem is a small detail, I will be short with them.

If trying to make the community aware of the dev goings-on is only going to get responses like this, then I will stop informing you guys and let you figure it out.

Yeah guys, there's really no need to be dicks about it. I got the answer I wanted from Griff...and I'm satisfied with the answer.

End of.

Thanks Griff, I appreciate it.

When I see people go mental over what I deem is a small detail' date=' I will be short with them.[/quote']

Getting anything done in DayZ takes A LOT of time, especially when it comes to vehicles. A small detail for you may not be a small detail for others.

And in regards to the need-to-know thing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_through_obscurity has never worked and never will. You just force the community to reverse engineer stuff in order to get answers. I doubt that's a good direction to push a community seeing as this is a mod. People will find ways. They always do. It's better to be open about it. That way you at least know what others know and flaws or other issues will be identified, and thus fixed, a lot faster.

Thank you for the calm reply.

Yes, but when Im in the presence of the devs as they are working away, there are some things I feel I should not tell everyone. Where I draw the line is usually back-end things or things in-the-works. I, instead, use my little nuggets of info to help the community with some aspects of the game. Its let me help server admins fix problems with hosting, identify what is cheating and what isnt, and usually help others get a fast-track to a dev regarding certain problems, etc...

In this particular case, I did not care to go in to further detail about the process the devs use. So for further information you will need to contact them...but just remember my warning about contacting them in regards to vehicles.

Either way I will have to fully explore the map to find them.

What the point explore the map if players can save vehicles outside the map? Only for rare chance to spot spawned heli?

manual spawns or not, vehicles as a whole have just vanished. i must have traveled around the entire map at least twice now without seeing a single repairable car or heli, on different servers, too.

i could understand you reducing heli spawns, but there's no need to reduce car numbers. all they allow people is to travel from point A to point B faster.