Sign in to follow this  
WildGunsTomcat

Does anyone know if heli's are spawning?

Heli's are placed manually. There is no set spawn-point.

Saying that, due to constant complaints, I wouldnt be surprised if the guys stopped placing them in game.

wait....what?

Please elaborate

Heli's are placed manually. There is no set spawn-point.

Saying that' date=' due to constant complaints, I wouldnt be surprised if the guys stopped placing them in game.

[/quote']

Thanks for starting a whole new thread instead of waiting for a response...

...its to PREVENT abusing farming helos. If helos had set spawn points, then clans will camp these points and farm helos.

So who is manually setting the spawn points? DayzDevs via HIVE or the server admins themselves? Surely its via HIVE, right? Otherwise....well you gotta be pretty much the most dense person ever to think the alternate way wouldnt be abused

I did start a new thread because this seems like a pretty damn big deal.

Thanks for starting a whole new thread instead of waiting for a response...

...its to PREVENT abusing farming helos. If helos had set spawn points' date=' then clans will camp these points and farm helos.

[/quote']

Server admins dont have the ability to spawn in objects. This fact has been made public for weeks.

So then its done via HIVE?

How about a link or something as I havent seen anything about this.

Also...what complaints? Carebears on the coast? I guess they should remove starter pistols while we are at it

Server admins dont have the ability to spawn in objects. This fact has been made public for weeks.

Its on a need-to-know basis. Thats all you need to know.

I think all he is asking for is some confirmation that the server owners/admins don't have the ability to spawn the huey or know where they spawn automatically.

To be honest I am quite confused on how the vehicle spawns work in game. We have lost more than one vehicle we repaired due to server reset even though it was saved on server.

Any clarification would be appreciated.

As I stated above and elsewhere

Server admins dont have the ability to spawn in items

LOL are you serious.

Admins not having the ability to spawn in helis doesnt completely negate the ability to choose the locations they have a percentage of spawning at. Sure, they may not be able to directly create one, but if they can choose where they might spawn in, they can just have their clan members check out those areas.

It is a simple question about a spawn that a LOT of people, including myself, have spent time looking for( 6 horus total including collecting all the parts, dying checking known spawns, collecting all the parts again, dying again, wash,rinse, repeat). It is not a question about whats going on in groom lake or the 4th level of the Pentagon.

There is also a thread with a list that has been made of where vehicles spawn that includes hueys.

I guess I am just going to deduce that they are in fact placed via HIVE since you wan to be mr Im-more-important-than-you greennamed bad ass over here as opposed to, you know, actually being helpful to the community as a whole regarding this pretty important issue.

Its on a need-to-know basis. Thats all you need to know.

It could also lead to people figuring out how to poke holes in the system to "hack" in helos. All you need to know is that if you want to find a helo, you have to explore the map.

Any other info wont help you to achieve anything...

Helos are rare, and as such, difficult to find. This is not an uncommon rule. Stop crying.

I'm going to have to agree with TOCMasterK. Griff is just patronizing the posters in this thread instead of just giving answers.

We would like to know who spawns heli's/ other vehicles. If it's not the server admins then is it the DayZ staff?

When vehicles that players have rebuilt but despawn after a server reset it is natural to want to get another one so I see that why question is being asked.

It could also lead to people figuring out how to poke holes in the system to "hack" in helos. All you need to know is that if you want to find a helo' date=' you have to explore the map.

Any other info wont help you to achieve anything...and all you want is to cry about how you cant find any helos.

[/quote']

I have found more than one actually, but they have both vanished after server restarts while we were repairing them, despite the fact that we saved them on server. That is why I was asking for clarification of how it works, so that perhaps I could avoid wasting hours of my time in the future...

Disappear, or revert back to the last place the helo saved? (which can be anywhere you landed)

OH Im sorry, I seem to have forgotten that I was asking for the source code. My bad. Thanks for indirectly answering the question and also putting me in my place as the cry baby I am.

The inmates are running the asylum.

Disappear' date=' or revert back to the last place the helo saved?

[/quote']

We were the last people to save them without a doubt, they could not have been repaired and moved from the time we saved them till the time the server crashed. Thus, I am confused as to how it works.

OH Im sorry' date=' I seem to have forgotten that I was asking for the source code. My bad. Thanks for indirectly answering the question and also putting me in my place as the cry baby I am.

[/quote'] Ive been begging the guys not to take vehicles out of the game, but after seeing the way you react, Im just going to beg them to do it...

We were the last people to save them without a doubt' date=' they could not have been repaired and moved from the time we saved them till the time the server crashed. Thus, I am confused as to how it works.

[/quote']

This is an alpha. Things will bug-out, all you can do is report it when it happens and help the devs prevent it from happening in future

OH Im sorry' date=' I seem to have forgotten that I was asking for the source code. My bad. Thanks for indirectly answering the question and also putting me in my place as the cry baby I am.

[/quote'] Ive been begging the guys not to take vehicles out of the game, but after seeing the way you react, Im just going to beg them to do it...

LOL

Sorry everyone. I ruined it for you all. Hope you all have a decent pair of cyber-shoes. You may all commence with the throwing of rotten vegetables at me.

i haven't seen a single vehicle of any kind spawn since 1.5.8, but prior to that helicopters consistently spawned at podeba dam, for one. i think griff is making shit up and something in the 1.5.8 patch broke vehicle spawns.

Wow I didn't mean for this to become an argument lol

I just wanted to know about the distinct lack of vehicles I'm seeing now.

] Ive been begging the guys not to take vehicles out of the game' date=' but after seeing the way you react, Im just going to beg them to do it...

[/quote']

Lol. Aren't you supposed to be professional?

] Ive been begging the guys not to take vehicles out of the game' date=' but after seeing the way you react, Im just going to beg them to do it...

[/quote']

Lol. Aren't you supposed to be professional?

and the asylum is running a train into my ass

topolka dam spawned a jeep every server restart half fixed before 1.5.8