Sign in to follow this  
budderism

Has rocket addressed the hacking?

Most, if not all of my friends have quit becuase of the rampant hacking, and they unanimously agree they will not be buying the standalone now unless the hacking on dayz is fixed BEFORE it is released (me included)

More importantly has Rocket even addressed the hacking?

Steps to fix it?

Eta?

I'd love to play this game, I would love to pay for it if it meant no/less hackers. But in the current state im getting killed by hackers pretty much once a day if i play for more than an hour and its extremely annoying, and like I said if the hacking isn't fixed on the mod before the standalone comes out, who wants to risk paying for it if its going to be hacker infested as well?

• Like 1

Why won't you buy the standalone? The hacking will be minimal if you buy it xD

Edited by pwnage13371

Yes he has. It's pretty much impossible to fix with the current gsme engine. The standalone will be different as he will have access to the source code.

Standalone game

The Arma 2 engine is built on a trust system, open to modding and scripting thats the problem. Along with the fact that DayZ attracts the script kiddy crowd like flies.

Arma 2 has it's occasional hackers but nothing like what we're seeing in DayZ mostly because the crowd that plays that are much older [35 and up] who are not interested in P0WNING people

and generally causing sh#$.

Until the standalone comes your going to have to deal with it and theres only so much Battleye can do under those conditions.

Edited by jblackrupert
  • Like 2

your testing the game, not playing it

Thats a bullshit statement for this argument.

• Like 2

Its not rockets job to address hacking in the Day Z MOD. Its BI and Battleyes, and let me tell you, it wont be fixed because it would require full rework of ArmA 2, which is about to be replaced by ArmA 3.

If you are judging Day Z standalone(which wont have any of these "scripting" issues) on the mod, then you are truly (no offense) stupid. Trying to put this as polite as possible, but this is really the only word i can find for it.

Standalone game

The Arma 2 engine is built on a trust system, open to modding and scripting thats the problem. Along with the fact that DayZ attracts the script kiddy crowd like flies.

Arma 2 has it's occasional hackers but nothing like what we're seeing in DayZ mostly because the crowd that plays that are much older [35 and up] who are not interested in P0WNING people

and generally causing sh#$.

Until the standalone comes your going to have to deal with it and theres only so much Battleye can do under those conditions.

qft..no many seem to read these sort of posts do they, you know, the ones that explain why.

Rocket..fix it BEFORE release or i wont buy it. I am sure you have made the dev team scurry to there super anti hacking machine and start working five times as hard. No food or water and firewood splinters founder their eyelids until the mod is clear of the skidmarks. I believe they are unaware of the rampant hacking atm so thanks for the heads up.

Thats a bullshit statement for this argument.

So tired of hearing this crap....

So what do you guys think should be done at this stage of the mod ? Do you think the devs have their heads up their asses and are unaware ? Have you not read what they have said about the rampant hacking ?

Closed testing would be the only way to eliminate the hackers. Password only enough servers to allow a couple of hundred people to properly alpha test the mod. Everyone else waits for the paid alpha standalone. Solved.

So what do you guys think should be done at this stage of the mod ? Do you think the devs have their heads up their asses and are unaware ? Have you not read what they have said about the rampant hacking ?

Closed testing would be the only way to eliminate the hackers. Password only enough servers to allow a couple of hundred people to properly alpha test the mod. Everyone else waits for the paid alpha standalone. Solved.

I think you quoted me for the wrong reason. I'm simply tired of hearing people saying I'm "testing" not "playing". It's a stupid argument to justify the hacking going on.

Edited by VikingBerserker

Fair enough :) but in all reality, thats all that is really meant to be going atm. People have been sucked into the game thinking that what they are doing is for keeps as in it is a full polished game. It seems very hard to get it through their skulls that this is not the case :)

im not justifying hacking, im tired of these threads, go bitch at battleye about hackers

I sympathize with you my friend. I'm sorry we all have to see these threads choking up the forums along with the actual problem. It's going to be very difficult to get everyone to stop posting about, what I think is, the most frustrating part of the game. I am fine with losing my gear to a more skilled survivor or due to a mistake I've made. I'm not alright with losing days worth of work to some kid who likes to grief people. In a real apocalypse I hope all these hackers catch a bullet to the dome piece. Just as you are tired of seeing these threads these people are tired of being hacked all day.