Sign in to follow this  
Ben213

BattlEye WTF

Heard of the whole false banning thing the other day and was happy it didn't happen to me until l today. I thought BattlEye said this is fixed?

Well heres the story....

Yesterday I was playing just fine... I logged off the night before (not banned) and about 24 hours later i feel like playing again so i go to log on and boom " You were kicked from the game. (BattlEye Global Ban #) ". I was thinking to myself there is no way i could be global banned. Then i thought, i may have picked up a hacked weapon from a dead body before... but that couldn't get me banned? Anyway this false banning isn't fixed like BattlEye says it was.. Their support is just as shitty as their software, they haven't even replied to the two emails i sent them. Now we wait the long process of them figuring out they are still False banning people... or pay another 30$.. Thanks BattlEye, Cant even ban real hackers FFS

Anyway for those of you that are going to jump on here claiming that we are hackers.. fuckoff and just wait till your falsely banned. It seems like its starting to happen to a lot of people.

Ben, No one is going to call you a hacker unless they can post proof of it. Just relax and whatever you do dont buy another copy. It took two days last time and all the wrongful bans were lifted. If you really did not hack you got nothing to worry about man.

EDIT: No one is going to call you a hacker except Dev :D

Edited by Redfield
  • Like 1

Every idiot who cheats is going to cry "my ban is another false positive". Guilty people always want to tell you their story about how they are innocent. It is not happening a lot, it is just happening to noob script kiddies.

You cheated and got caught. Enjoy your ban noob.

You were asking for this when you made this post. You were not smart enough to avoid discussing a global ban, so I am just going to think you are stupid enough to cheat. Guilty until proven innocent.

Edited by Dev
  • Like 1

Every idiot who cheats is going to cry "my ban is another false positive". Guilty people always want to tell you their story about how they are innocent. It is not happening a lot, it is just happening to noob script kiddies.

You were asking for this when you made this post. You were not smart enough to avoid discussing a global ban, so I am just going to think you are stupid enough to cheat. Guilty until proven innocent.

Your logic is flawed, you shouldnt judge people when you have no clue. It might have been false positive, he might have cheated, only battleye knows.

• Like 4

If i were to have hacked i would just buy another key. I'm not poor and its only 30$.... BUT I AM BEING ROBBED! I bought this fucking game 2 weeks ago and just cause battleye is fucked up and doesnt know how to ban real hackers Innocents get banned for multiple days? WTF... I'm here voicing my concern so something gets done. Battleye isn't even reply to emails.. Again like i said if i was scripting i would just buy a new key like all hackers do cause it be worthless to complain if there is solid evidence against you? Dev your a stupid motherfucker if you cant realize people are getting falsely banned. Go fuck your sister Dev you dumb inbred hick

• Like 2

If i were to have hacked i would just buy another key. I'm not poor and its only 30$.... BUT I AM BEING ROBBED! I bought this fucking game 2 weeks ago and just cause battleye is fucked up and doesnt know how to ban real hackers Innocents get banned for multiple days? WTF... I'm here voicing my concern so something gets done. Battleye isn't even reply to emails.. Again like i said if i was scripting i would just buy a new key like all hackers do cause it be worthless to complain if there is solid evidence against you? Dev your a stupid motherfucker if you cant realize people are getting falsely banned. Go fuck your sister Dev you dumb inbred hick

Ben, not all hackers just go buy another key. They come to these forums to cry about getting banned. They all say the same shit you are saying. You know we can't lift your ban. Rocket himself can't lift your ban. Its all handled by Battleye and yet you still came here to express your nerd rage. You have 7 post total and all of them were somthing negative or hostile. Im not sure what you expect to achieve by posting your ban here but if you believed everyone would flock to this thread to express their deepest regrets for a stranger you are very naive.

All I see is "False Ban victim thread #137241"

The reason it takes so long to get a reply is Battleye is overwhelmed by emails from hackers claiming the same thing as you. If there was a false positive they will rollback the bans for those false positives.

• Like 1

What are you, French?

Ben, not all hackers just go buy another key. They come to these forums to cry about getting banned. They all say the same shit you are saying. You know we can't lift your ban. Rocket himself can't lift your ban. Its all handled by Battleye and yet you still came here to express your nerd rage. You have 7 post total and all of them were somthing negative or hostile. Im not sure what you expect to achieve by posting your ban here but if you believed everyone would flock to this thread to express their deepest regrets for a stranger you are very naive.

All I see is "False Ban victim thread #137241"

The reason it takes so long to get a reply is Battleye is overwhelmed by emails from hackers claiming the same thing as you. If there was a false positive they will rollback the bans for those false positives.

Actually, they did:

Global Bans in ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead [ 10.08.2012 • 13:45 ] line.gifWe're aware of the global banning issue and are investigating since yesterday. Appropriate action will be taken if a false-positive scenario is found. If that is indeed the case we're terribly sorry for it and will take measures to prevent this from happening in the future.

An update will be posted once more is known.

Update: The issue has been investigated with the help of Ondrej Spanel (BIS lead programmer) and we found that there is a possibility of a race condition on BE's side during the game's disconnect process. It can essentially destroy the integrity of the environment that BE expects and trigger a certain detection. The problem has been fixed and all of bans of the past two days that could have been triggered by such a condition have been removed. There might still be cheaters among those, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that the innocent players should be unbanned now.

We're honestly deeply sorry for this and will do everything to ensure that something like this won't happen again.

I get kicked every day to know response from BattleEye, have to manually redownload and install battleeye daily, sometimes multiple times a day to get it ti work, Battleeye is a oile of Crap

Actually, they did:

Global Bans in ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead [ 10.08.2012 • 13:45 ] http://www.battleye....images/line.gif We're aware of the global banning issue and are investigating since yesterday. Appropriate action will be taken if a false-positive scenario is found. If that is indeed the case we're terribly sorry for it and will take measures to prevent this from happening in the future.

An update will be posted once more is known.

Update: The issue has been investigated with the help of Ondrej Spanel (BIS lead programmer) and we found that there is a possibility of a race condition on BE's side during the game's disconnect process. It can essentially destroy the integrity of the environment that BE expects and trigger a certain detection. The problem has been fixed and all of bans of the past two days that could have been triggered by such a condition have been removed. There might still be cheaters among those, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that the innocent players should be unbanned now.

We're honestly deeply sorry for this and will do everything to ensure that something like this won't happen again.

That was the ban wave last week Manta. BE updated today and banned a shitload more people. Some are probably innocent but most are probably scripters. Only battleye knows. I dont want anyone to take this as I think BE is a good anti-cheat tool. I just know that they lift bans if they fuck up.

Heard of the whole false banning thing the other day and was happy it didn't happen to me until l today. I thought BattlEye said this is fixed?

Well heres the story....

Yesterday I was playing just fine... I logged off the night before (not banned) and about 24 hours later i feel like playing again so i go to log on and boom " You were kicked from the game. (BattlEye Global Ban #) ". I was thinking to myself there is no way i could be global banned. Then i thought, i may have picked up a hacked weapon from a dead body before... but that couldn't get me banned? Anyway this false banning isn't fixed like BattlEye says it was.. Their support is just as shitty as their software, they haven't even replied to the two emails i sent them. Now we wait the long process of them figuring out they are still False banning people... or pay another 30$.. Thanks BattlEye, Cant even ban real hackers FFS

Anyway for those of you that are going to jump on here claiming that we are hackers.. fuckoff and just wait till your falsely banned. It seems like its starting to happen to a lot of people.

I know how you feel. This happened to me too. No response from battleye yet either. This almost makes me wish i was cheating, but i wasn't. I really hope the standalone uses a better company.

I do wonder if my cd key got spoofed or something, because it happened when I didn't play for a few days.

I'm still trying to figure out how an arma 2 cd key would get spoofed like such. I was also wrongly banned :-(. Hell the only game I ever hacked was back when you used a trainer for diablo 1 ever since then I just thought it made games boring. I really do enjoy stalking around towns a night playing legit. But everyone who has posted on here is right. So many hackers and so many untrust worthy people makes it very hard to tell who is speaking truth and who lies. I've been trying to research on possibly hosting a private server free of this relentless batteye crap. Even if I have to play solo on my own server then so be it. I just wanna play the game. IF anyone has any info on hosting a battleye free server feel free to share.