dorklogic@gmail.com

Server Log User Interface/Admin Tool

After looking through the posts made about the new remoteexec log files, I see many questions from server admins asking what is bannable and what is kickable etc...

I would like to lend a hand with this and create a simple log reader that displays and organizes the contents of your log files in such a way that they are easily readable and perhaps helps make suggestions on what is a whitelisted versus what is a blacklisted script being run.

I've got a good amount of experience as a developer and would like to assist the community. Consider it my way of working on my Humanity Score.

What I need from you guys is some Log files that I can parse. I've only just rented a server so I won't have a decent amount of good and bad actions on my log files for some time yet. If you are interested in giving me some raw data to test with, please send me a Private Message and I'll get going on this potentially very helpful tool for the Arma2/Dayz Server Admin Community.

I also see that we've got folks working on parsing the data already, and that's fantastic... I'm talking about also adding a UI to the mix that will help server administrators take action and make decisions based on the logs.

Thanks,

-DorkLogic

Every few days someone posts a very similar post and I don't know how I feel about that.

Every few days someone posts a very similar post and I don't know how I feel about that.

You should feel like sending me some log files so I can start getting this built out. I just want to help the community and I see a need for something like this.

• Like 1

If I did have access to log files (which I don't) I would choose to protect my users privacy and would never share that info with anyone.

I am sure you will find plenty of people here who will, it's just not me.