Sign in to follow this  
freak367

What do you risk on risky looting runs?

So I recently died on my 40th or so day at the N/W Airfield, sucked balls, thankfully I didn't lose much, the only thing I miss is my Ghillie suit, and it wasn't fun losing my GPS and NVGs I guess, but I didn't use them much so no big loss, I had a backup GPS anyways.

So I started again, took on my "throw caution to the wind" approach to starting out since I have nothing to lose, passed about 25 corpses in Elektro, (no idea how people die so much :S), gathered all of the basics, cayote backpack, tools, supplies etc... and went back up North.

So, I have an M16A4 ACOG in a tent without any ammo, so my plan is to do a looting run of the N/W Airfield, solo, which I have done about 4 times so far, but recently getting owned by someone doing this exact same task, I don't want to risk very much.

So I have decided this is what I am going to take on my looting run, I did a quick run through of Vybor for more supplies.

23sw1fq.jpg

And I was wondering, what do others take on risky looting runs, where death is more of a concern?

Edited by FreaK367

I would go at night without the gps if you have a map, idk if you got akm or something like that and a pistol for killing zombies.

It's a long time for me since I raided NWA on foot and alone and especialy since I still got artifacts.

take an assault rifle instead. such as an ak or something along those lines. the enfield gets the job done but the worst part would be the zombies but besides everything else you are traveling with a bare minimum to the airfield which is what i do. and try to keep as much room in your pack as possible as you might find a nice weapon that you might have to throw in there

• Like 1

I usually run into NW airfield with an AS50 in my backpack, either l85 or m4a1 cco sd as my main, all the tools, ghillie suit. I risk it all everywhere I go. It's all or nothing.

• Like 3

I risk everything because otherwise it's not intense.

Yep. Take it all. Die. Lose it all.New dude at the beach, new day, no gear.

I risk everything because otherwise it's not intense.

I do the same thing . But I will say as soon as I died shit i should have left ( insert random item) in tent . I never learn lol.

Yeah I don't want to risk anything I will miss.

An AK would be nice to take, but I don't have one at the moment, the Lee Enfield is common as anything, as is the ammo, and it does good damage, it's only there for defense against other players if I need it, it's the best non-military thing to carry in my opinion. To acquire an AK now would require a seperate looting run of somewhere with military loot, Stary Sobor is nearest to me, but dangerous.

The M1911 is probably my favorite sidearm, I have 3 more stored in tents for backups if I die, they are common, and so is the ammo, I have a crap load stored. Even when wearing my best gear, I like to have an M1911 as my sidearm. It seems physically impossible to run out of ammo for it, which is great!

Got the basic tools that are easy to replace, the ALICE pack which is common, the Sardines are just to fill me up, drink for... well drink.

Bandages, Painkillers and Meat because I get impatient and I end up jogging around the Airfield, which zombies don't like, so I sort of expect to get into sticky situations.

And the Smoke grenade is the one time prevention of a sticky situation that I like to have on me, such as having 15 zombies somewhere where I want to be, which always happens atleast once at the Airfield in my experience.

Everything there wouldn't phase me if I lost them. Which is what I want.

I can understand the idea of risking everything, but I'm too much of a pussy :thumbsup:

I do risk everything everywhere else, but since the chances of me dying at the N/W Airfield are multiples of everywhere else I go, it feels like I'm just gambling with my gear. Hell, I could step out from the forrest and just get nailed by a sniper instantly, it happens.

I'm still annoyed at myself for taking my Ghillie, NVGs and GPS with me earlier when I died, I was over confident, and someone turned around and ripped my face off with an AK before I even got to the first hanger.

Also, I do pick up tin cans and bottles to throw if I need them, they can come in useful.

Sorry for the double post, but thought I'd add that I've just finished looting the N/W Airfield, was successful, the only hairy moment being at the corner Barracks where I managed to attract about 10 zombies, went through plenty of M1911 ammo mind. I didn't really sneak very much.

Here is my haul, I went with exactly what I had in my initial post, and my mission was to get STANAG mags, this is what I came back with:

nbyatz.jpg

Happy with that. Was about 9 people on the server, but it looks like very few of them were going to towns or cities because not many zombies spawned, the peak was about 150 when I was at the Airfield and someone else probably went into Cherno or something. Seen nobody else at the Airfield thankfully.

Now, my 128GB SSD just came through the door :D, going to backup all of my crap and format + reinstall Windows 7 on it. Wish me luck.

(£50 from Ebuyer, what a bargain)

Edited by FreaK367

I risk everything.

I don't use Tents and Farm gear.

I simply play my life out and hope someone doesn't come along and kill me.

If I maybe had a server I stuck too I'd use a tent, but I don't because I prefer to play on night servers so that requires alot of moving from server to server to keep playing at night.

• Like 3

Balls deep or you're not in.

So I recently died on my 40th or so day at the N/W Airfield, sucked balls, thankfully I didn't lose much, the only thing I miss is my Ghillie suit, and it wasn't fun losing my GPS and NVGs I guess, but I didn't use them much so no big loss, I had a backup GPS anyways.

Yeah, this game needs to lose tents right now.

• Like 1

All or nothing. I mean that literally too. Sometimes I put everything on the line, and other times I decide to risk nothing besides maybe an alice pack and a DMR or something.

Edited by KField86

I travel heavy.

L85

M4a1 cco sd

10x stanag sd rounds.

Nvg

Range finder

Best back pack.

All utilities. Except range finder.

Uav full of 30+ stanag sd ammo. Plus multiple guns ranging from ak's to m4a1 cco sd/m24

Uav is also full of repair supplies.

Always put a lot at risk.. Atleast a weeks worn of work

I take the best possible gear I have at the time. What's the point in having something nice if I'm just going to throw it in a tent or vehicle and never use it? Especially if I'm going to be in a situation where I might need it, I would much rather have my M4A1 Holo on me and a few HE rounds than have it sitting in a tent collecting dust.

I travel heavy.

L85

M4a1 cco sd

10x stanag sd rounds.

Nvg

Range finder

Best back pack.

All utilities. Except range finder.

Uav full of 30+ stanag sd ammo. Plus multiple guns ranging from ak's to m4a1 cco sd/m24

Uav is also full of repair supplies.

Always put a lot at risk.. Atleast a weeks worn of work

What?

Also, what server is this on? I'd like that shiny UAZ...