lmlm

Loot in trash bags and trash cans please

Please consider adding loot to the trash bags (usually at barricades) and trash cans. I'm not asking for more overall loot, but rather to perhaps decrease the loot in houses and such and move that to the trash bags/cans and maybe even barricades. Opening and closing bag and can sounds would be greatly appreciated.

I'm thinking that food and more household type items would be more appropriate 'trash loot.' Matches, compass, contraceptives (for the forthcoming survivor sex & reproduction expansion), etc.. Trash at air bases obviously would have more military loot.

Just think of all the junk loot we'd find!! :)

Thank you!

In my opinion loot should only appear there where it makes sense and in trash bags you could only find empty tin cans... like there aren't enough of them yet :D

In my opinion loot should only appear there where it makes sense and in trash bags you could only find empty tin cans... like there aren't enough of them yet :D

In the hurried panic before the mass zombie plague, people threw out their valuables. Common sense became hysteria.

Please consider adding loot to the trash bags (usually at barricades) and trash cans. I'm not asking for more overall loot, but rather to perhaps decrease the loot in houses and such and move that to the trash bags/cans and maybe even barricades. Opening and closing bag and can sounds would be greatly appreciated.

I totally second that idea.. i m a new forum member (playing dayz for 3 days or so), and i wanted to make an exactly same thread.. until i found this here.. I even wish for opening and closing animations for the trashcans.

It would make the game and environment so much richer.

@lastshenaningan: people throw any sort of things away: in earthbound you sometimes found eatable hamburgers in trashcans, in system shock 2 you found sometimes cola cans and ammo besides other things : )

some ppl here suggested to introduce notes into the game, such things could then be found in trashcans.. or soda cans, some still eatable stuff (the things could have been thrown away just before the apocalypse started).

List of items whose appearance in trashcans would be more or less sensible/logical:

- matches

- clock (still functioning or destroyed - that would be another cool feature in dayz, that equipment things can be damaged and repaired, but thats another topic..)

- backpacks (yes, some people may throw such things mindlessy away)

- wood

- metal scrap

- clothing

- canteens

- heatpack

- bandages

- medicines (but extremely rare)

- empty trashcans (not so rare)

thx

Edited by jone4s