Sign in to follow this  
-SA-Vanguard

The shock mechanic

Hello folks. How many other people here have had random trouble with the shock mechanic? For those who aren't sure what I mean, you get shocked when you get shot at, fall from heights or take enough damage. When you log out and log back in, you're unconscious for 5 minutes.

I personally feel this mechanic is broken. There have been too many times to count where I've won a gun fight, left the area, logged out 5-10 minutes AFTER the shock symbol has disappeared and I STILL log back in to find my character unconscious.

To be frank, it just doesn't work. It's purpose is understood, but the lag/latency for this condition to wear off breaks it.

I agree, it confuses me to this day. When I first started, I thought it meant you needed painkillers; obviously not the case. Most of the time it doesn't effect me at all, but sometimes I end up unconscious like you were saying.

Shock mechanic means "don't leave until it goes away or we will punish you for Alt+F4ing."

Shock mechanic means "don't leave until it goes away or we will punish you for Alt+F4ing."

I personally feel this mechanic is broken. There have been too many times to count where I've won a gun fight, left the area, logged out 5-10 minutes AFTER the shock symbol has disappeared and I STILL log back in to find my character unconscious.

To be frank, it just doesn't work. It's purpose is understood, but the lag/latency for this condition to wear off breaks it.

I know what it's for..

• Like 1

I kind of agree. I think shock should only apply if you get shot. I get the realism element, but I don't think I should be punished if I log out when I randomly break a leg in the middle of nowhere (proning too close to a tree lolololo) and want to wait for my friends to log in and bring me morphine. Another idea is to introduce a new debuff to penalize alt+f4/logging out and alter shock,

Had it happen to me a few times and one time even got my killed by a random noob -_-

So the general consensus is that shock isn't working because it punishes people for running away from fights or logging out when their legs are broken to wait for their friends to log back in to give them morphine.

So the general consensus is that shock is working as intended.

It's not working as intended if you win your fights and get punished for it after. As I said, I log out after the shock indicator is GONE (do I need to make it any clearer BazBake?) and still fall unconscious when I log back in.

Edit: either something is wrong with the servers, or this mechanic is truly fucked up. In the span of about 1 hour, I've been running north towards Stary. I logged out, logged back in FIFTEEN minutes later and fell unconscious. I ran to Mogilevka, cleared it, moved a bit further north and logged out to take a shower. I'm just logging back in now and my character is unconscious AGAIN. Consider my jimmies rustled, this is really annoying.

Edited by -SA-Vanguard

No worries BazBake, as we all know a lot of people on these forums have a habit of trolling people. Sometimes, you just can't tell if people are doing it or on purpose or not xD Hard to take something in a certain context based on just text.

It's not working as intended if you win your fights and get punished for it after. As I said, I log out after the shock indicator is GONE (do I need to make it any clearer BazBake?) and still fall unconscious when I log back in.

Edit: either something is wrong with the servers, or this mechanic is truly fucked up. In the span of about 1 hour, I've been running north towards Stary. I logged out, logged back in FIFTEEN minutes later and fell unconscious. I ran to Mogilevka, cleared it, moved a bit further north and logged out to take a shower. I'm just logging back in now and my character is unconscious AGAIN. Consider my jimmies rustled, this is really annoying.

I'm having the same exact problem right now, I have 12k blood and I haven;t been in any fight or injury.

I thought it was my hunger problem because I was hungry when I logged in but I have eaten and I still logged in unconscious.

I kind of agree. I think shock should only apply if you get shot. I get the realism element, but I don't think I should be punished if I log out when I randomly break a leg in the middle of nowhere (proning too close to a tree lolololo) and want to wait for my friends to log in and bring me morphine. Another idea is to introduce a new debuff to penalize alt+f4/logging out and alter shock,

Obviously the problem you highlight here is not the shock system by itself, but the fact you can randomly get shocked and/or break your legs on the environment.