Sign in to follow this  
discombobulated

Bandit Skin Again?

Bandit/Survivor Skins, and Why?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. So do you want Bandit/Survivor skins to be in the game?

• Yes, put them back in
    • No, leave them out
    • Meh (Indifferent)

If there is already a post for this, my bad, anyway are they really bringing back the old skins? I heard about this but wasn't sure if it was true or not, and yes I could look it up, but then I would have no thread for people to enjoy ranting for or against in.

To set things straight, I'm not a bandit, but I don't want to know if someone is a bandit or not just by looking at them, it takes so much out of the game, and do you really know if someone is a bandit or not just by looking at them? Only in certain situations, none of which need a skin to tell me so.

Not to mention how inaccurate it is. If someone starts shooting at you, but you manage to kill them, if they haven't shot someone before you get given a murder count. Really, a murder after killing in self defence? Clearly that should be a bandit kill, but the system doesn't work on whether a player is intending to kill someone or not, as it can't know. It means a lot of players are going to be bandits whether they are or not, which then makes them targets to all other players.

Finally what is going to happen to people with Ghillie suits in the game, will they cover over the bandit skin or not? Neither way makes sense, as if the bandit skin shows over the ghillie, then there is no point in wearing one at all. And if it doesn't, then what was the point of the bandit skin in the first place, as it can just be covered over.

That's just me though, if it's not true than the relevance of this thread = 0. If it is happening, (or has happened in the most recent patch, because I've yet to manage to log on for more than 25 seconds since) then post your own thoughts about how you feel about bandit/survivor skins.

bandit head wear is already back not the whole skin just a towel round their head. Plus there is a hero skin too...

While I do agree with you that it kind of ruins the "surprise", I'm going to quote myself from yesterday. I think it's mostly in place just to make people more aware of who they are approaching. As of right now it means nothing because it's bugged, but in the future it will be nice to see who is worth trying to help/befriend.

They could work in a script to see if you killed a guy who shot you.

He could be a bad shot and keep missing you until you kill him. Also that is the smallest point, the biggest point is that it ruins the game if you instantly know if someone is good or bad, and if the Ghillie suit can counter it, then it is even more pointless, as you don't know if Mr Ghillie man is a bandit or a survivor anyway.

He could be a bad shot and keep missing you until you kill him. Also that is the smallest point, the biggest point is that it ruins the game if you instantly know if someone is good or bad, and if the Ghillie suit can counter it, then it is even more pointless, as you don't know if Mr Ghillie man is a bandit or a survivor anyway.

Exactly... this whole identification idea is null and void if you have a Ghillie Suit or a Camo Outfit... I went around on my Hero skin and I still got shot at by everything in sight... just remove it, it's pointless... the Bandit skin anyway. If you want to have the Hero skin, which isn't half bad than the towel around your face... then sure, I can see why... but... just remove it.

While I do agree with you that it kind of ruins the "surprise", I'm going to quote myself from yesterday. I think it's mostly in place just to make people more aware of who they are approaching. As of right now it means nothing because it's bugged, but in the future it will be nice to see who is worth trying to help/befriend.

Even with it working properly it will just ruin the game for me, this is my own personal opinion, but that fear factor is gone when you spot someone and instantly know if they are a good or bad player. It just seems to ruin the whole atmosphere of the game, without any good reason for it.

Bandit towell head is way better than the back full skin. Now it's not as easy to spot a bandit as if he had full skin but still you can tell the difference between bandit/survivor/HERO

My skins argument is that by not having skins people play less realistically than they would with them. no skins = game becoming more deathmatch than zombie apoc.

If two people encounter each other, a survivor and a bandit, and the survivor doesn't know if the bandit is a bandit or not. The survivor who represents the survival of humanity is not going to shoot the bandit. The bandit on the other hand is going to shoot the survivor dead. The bandit will always be the one to kill first. It is now too late for the dead survivor to retaliate. At some point the survivor will become sick of this being played out over and over and will become a kos-bandit type player him/herself out of neccessity and wallah dayz is now more deathmatch than zombie apoc.

That is why we need different skins to prevent the game from being like that.

Everyones an unknown that might kill me so i better be the one to shoot first... farms the bandit mentality until it totally takes over.

No point in trying to play as a survivor with shoot on sight bandits everyewhere (might as well just join the deathmatch/bandits). Try to talk to other players they might shoot me i'l just shoot them first.

If we know that players are good or bad that might be less realistic in the ideal concept of how a zombie apoc might be;

but more realistic in how people play the game; which would more realistically reflect how people might act in a zombie apoc.

Without skins bandits view averyone as a target.

Without skins survivors view anyone as a potential threat.

This way the survivors only learn who their targets are after they are shot/killed (most of the time) or shot at and missed.

Eventually the survivors join the bandits out of necessity or while hopeing that another Z-apoc game will better suit their idea of realistic Z-Apoc play.

Even if you can play "properly" as a bandit and kill for reasons a bandit would really kill for doesnt mean others will too.

Still having no skins gives a big advantage to the bandits. If skins exist then its a big advantage to the survivors.

If advantages must be given one way or another, in a zombie apoc they should go to the survivors "good guys".

We pro-skins folks don't believe (or at least i don't) that there would realistically be sociopathic murders behind every tree in a zombie apocalypse.

Another day in the zombie apoc where 40% of the population murders as many people as they can everyday...

that is more unrealistic than not having skins.

Without skins thats the end result ^^

It's a trade off but worth it.

Edited by gnardogjay
  • Like 1

My skins argument is that by not having skins people play less realistically than they would with them. no skins = game becoming more deathmatch than zombie apoc.

If two people encounter each other, a survivor and a bandit, and the survivor doesn't know if the bandit is a bandit or not. The survivor who represents the survival of humanity is not going to shoot the bandit. The bandit on the other hand is going to shoot the survivor dead. The bandit will always be the one to kill first. It is now too late for the dead survivor to retaliate. At some point the survivor will become sick of this being played out over and over and will become a kos-bandit type player him/herself out of neccessity and wallah dayz is now more deathmatch than zombie apoc.

That is why we need different skins to prevent the game from being like that.

Everyones an unknown that might kill me so i better be the one to shoot first... farms the bandit mentality until it totally takes over.

No point in trying to play as a survivor with shoot on sight bandits everyewhere (might as well just join the deathmatch/bandits). Try to talk to other players they might shoot me i'l just shoot them first.

If we know that players are good or bad that might be less realistic in the ideal concept of how a zombie apoc might be;

but more realistic in how people play the game; which would more realistically reflect how people might act in a zombie apoc.

Without skins bandits view averyone as a target.

Without skins survivors view anyone as a potential threat.

This way the survivors only learn who their targets are after they are shot/killed (most of the time) or shot at and missed.

Eventually the survivors join the bandits out of necessity or while hopeing that another Z-apoc game will better suit their idea of realistic Z-Apoc play.

Even if you can play "properly" as a bandit and kill for reasons a bandit would really kill for doesnt mean others will too.

Still having no skins gives a big advantage to the bandits. If skins exist then its a big advantage to the survivors.

If advantages must be given one way or another, in a zombie apoc they should go to the survivors "good guys".

We pro-skins folks don't believe (or at least i don't) that there would realistically be sociopathic murders behind every tree in a zombie apocalypse.

Another day in the zombie apoc where 40% of the population murders as many people as they can everyday...

that is more unrealistic than not having skins.

Without skins thats the end result ^^

It's a trade off but worth it.

This seems like a bit of an invalid argument in my opinion. If you are willing to change your play style drastically just because of how others play, then that's down to you and not the game don't you think? If you don't want to get killed by a bandit, team up, avoid high risk areas, if you see someone, approach in a way that gives you the advantage and initiate contact. Or just go off in a different direction if you want to.

And yes I agree not everyone is going to kill you in a ZA just for fun, but in the same RL situation people are going to be scared, and they will kill you for fear of their own life, which is exactly how this game plays out without bandit skins. There are ways of avoiding death that are easy and simple.

I don't go to a shoot on sight mentality, I might do if I walk round the corner facing the barrel of a gun, but I won't just kill for fun. The game lets me choose how I react to other players, but it takes away a lot of the choice if you can see if someone is good or bad.

But the advantage will always go to the easy way of playing, which is banditry. It is an easier way to play, and therefore much more satisfying to do well as a survivor. Just knowing if someone is a bandit or not isn't going to save your life. How about if you meet someone who has only just re-spawned, but found a gun. Are they a survivor or a bandit? Same situation with the Ghillie Suits, if you can't see the headband then you will probably just assume they are a bandit. Then you get the murder count for killing them, and now you're the bandit.

The mechanic for the skin is broken, and will always be, because you can't program human errors into the game.