hallgraeme

Does installing Lingor Island mess up my Chernarus game?

Simple question hopefully. Does installing Lingor Island mess up my Chernarus game?

Will i lose my character?

Can i easily switch between playing both?

Thanks in advance

you can play both. YOu just change the launch options when you want to switch maps.

you obviously have 2 different characters. Lingor has a more private hives though, so even within lingor, you might have several chars.

Here are the 2 launch options i use:

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@Dayz

-mod=@lingor;@dayz_lingor -beta=Expansionbeta;ExpansionbetaExpansion -nosplash -nopause

Edited by lnfighter

No it doesnt mess up your game

No you dont lose your chenarus character, but he doesnt transfer. Its a private hive so you have a seperate character there.

Lingor Island is completely separate.

You will have a seperate character and so you wont lose your chernarus character.

DayZ does not support Lingor Island, because its a custom private map. Use a guide to install i probaly, they are easy to find on youtube what i know if :)

- Also, this should be posted/moved to Off-topic General Discussion

Lingor Island SHOULD be supported. I haven't even played it yet but judging from the videos I have seen it is already a much better map. At least most if not all the buildings are able to be entered.

Hey, i installed lingor and fallujah map by using dayz commander, but how do i change launchoptions ?

coz now i only can play on charnarus map ! ?

Edited by jimmy_001

If you are using dayzcommmander and you have the different maps already installed you just need to select the appropriate server and it will launch the correct map.

Any servers that have a little cloud next to the name are on a private hive which means you will have a separate character for that server.

Your character only carries over to different servers if you stay on the public hive (there are exceptions where some private servers are linked)

I can join the servers with the other map, even can join the game, but in the game the screen blinks with that message :

You are running an incorreckt version of DAYZ_CODE, please download this file from

dayzmod.com/downloads (You are running version 1.7.4.4 and the server is running version 1.2)

But i installed version 1.2 of the map from lingor island ! ?

You have different characters for the maps, if You plan on Switching frequently,I highly recommend dayz commander and use the override options to switch instantly

Yeah, i just got it worked, coz of you i looked a few settings and i swiched of : Launch using Steam

and now it works :D