Sign in to follow this  
Davidentity

Silencer for 1-3 shots

Hi I have an idea for some kind to mechanic. I don't know if it's possible with the actual engine. Maybe some of you know this fact may r some of you have never heared of it. You can actually use a plastic bottle on a gun as some kind of one way silencer. (like in the movie shooter).

I think it would be nice if u can pick up plastic bottles and use it as a silencer for 1-3shots. Then the bottle would disappear.

Plz comment :)

Do not belive the movies.

For real dude...

A PLASTIK BOTTLE as SILENCER ?

I'm not sure how you came up with this idea, since the "bottle on a gun" has nothing to do with sound suppressors (the correct term).

The method of suppressing the sound from the muzzle can not be done by simply place a stuffed bottle at the barrel of shooting through a pillow.

It might help a little bit, but won't help a lot at close range.

Even real sound suppressors can't make the gun silent, it's still loud back which can be heard clearly when close enough. It will just suppress the sound to a level which is "normal" in loud places like a busy city centre or a bar full of people.

And, not to forget, the ammo makes the most difference in all of this. Subsonic ammo (slower then the speed of sound) won't make the loud bang just like regular rounds.

So by using a (real) sound suppressor AND using subsonic rounds, you will be able to shoot someone from a distance without the target knowing where it came from (unless the muzzle flash is seen). Anyone at close distance can still hear you.

Hopefully this explanation helped you to understand that bottles are no silencers, and it takes a lot more to stay silent while firing a weapon.

I will revise what i just posted

it´s a .22 don´t know what it will do for a high cal. weapon but... i´m impressed

No thank you, I'd much prefer silencer attachments if any kind of silencer were to be implemented.

Personally I wouldn't like any attachments for my guns, I like Day Z being gritty and realistic.

For a .22 it sounds like it almost works. However, I had a friend who has made silencers for weapons that are only a slightly higher caliber (.223, also note that this is highly illegal) out of stuff you can find around the house and they certainly work a few times at least. However, you need things like drill presses, tennis balls, cotton wadding, pvc, and lots and lots of epoxy to make it work.

The thing that makes the .22 work with a pop bottle is the incredibly small amount of powder in a .22 round. .223 rounds have quite a bit more, which is why you have to go through so much more trouble to silence them. Pretty much any round that is larger would be even harder to silence.

Basically, this is an unrealistic idea. Also, I don't think many people would bother if it was some sort of craftable item.