kyle939

No problems, No graphics glitches as of right now... What I did..

Hello,

I am playing using Steam and using Six Launcher. If you use the beta patch and cannot play in Steam, I've got a way.

I now have no problems with the game as of now. Been playing a while and nothing has happened.

Here is what I did.

Steam Client> Arma 2: OA (Right Click properties) > set launch options and typed in this "-nosplash -mod=@dayz-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@dayz" without the quotes

Then ran the latest beta patch.

Then went to my Steam install> Steamapps> Common> Arma 2 OA> in there the Arma2oa.exe I renamed to Arma2OADayz.exe then went into expansion> Beta> Copied the Arma2OA.exe and went back to places into the original install file and pasted there.

Ran the game in Steam was it shown the latest version at the bottom.

If you ever do a beta patch, just delete the arma2OA.exe. Go into the expansion> beta and copy it and back two places and paste it.

Load the game and it's updated WITHIN steam.

That is what I done.

For the 1.7.2.4. Basically manual install the file.

IF you are stuck on loading it is because you are showing 1.7.2.4 and trying to join a 1.7.2.5.

So for that manual install download. Into @dayz> addons and copy and replace those files you download into that folder.

Done.

I hope this helps you all, and I thought I would post it for you because mine is working well.............. So far.

Enjoy!

Edited by kyle939

Or just use http://www.dayzcommander.com/ and don't worry about manual installing.

Edit. What you told us is basically just a manual install for the beta/dayz and to make the steamoverlay work. Nothing to do with the graphical glitches.

Edited by Jukez

Why do you have -nosplash twice?

Wondered the same thing.

Just removed it and corrected it.

Dayz Commander I do not like, and I prefer the Playsix or Six Launcher. Tried the commander and don't like it so do not use it.

I just putted the new files in @DayZ and use DayZcommander.. less work yet works aswell and DayZcommander is easyer to use and look for servers than Six launcher/Updater in my opinion.

I just putted the new files in @DayZ and use DayZcommander.. less work yet works aswell and DayZcommander is easyer to use and look for servers than Six launcher/Updater in my opinion.

That may be true BUT and it is a big BUT.

All my friends who use Dayz Commander and they still have the graphics bug. Did what I said and now no more and now they've removed the commander because to me.. It is not as good.

That may be true BUT and it is a big BUT.

All my friends who use Dayz Commander and they still have the graphics bug. Did what I said and now no more and now they've removed the commander because to me.. It is not as good.

DayZ Commander (or 6updater) have NOTHING to do with the graphics bug. They both just update the mod/beta, and launch the .exes in your Arma2 folders, just as you would update/launch them manually. They do not affect the actual game in any way. The graphics bug has something to do with the newest arma2 patch (1.62) and needs to be corrected in the engine. Rocket says:

I know, and it is GUTTING. I really want to fix it. It is a weird bug. Several users are helping me, changing scene complexity values seems to fix it. I believe the bug is something in the engine that changed with the 1.62 patch, when the scene becomes very complex it may lose some kind of floating point precision perhaps and the values for certain items vertex locations go bananas. I think the best way to fix will be with an engine fix, that doesn't allow this to happen and simply won't render the object in this situation.
http://www.reddit.co...sm0pa?context=3

Using/not using Commander has NOTHING to do with the bug. On a side note, Commander is lighter, less buggy, has much more options and is more actively updated than 6updater, and propably should inform your friends that you misinformed them about your graphicsproblem "fix".

Edit. I've yet to see the graphics bug with 1.7.2.5 and I'm using Commander, but it's still there. Hopefully I can avoid it.

Edited by Jukez

Okay nevermind.

The graphics glitch has return and not been fixed!!!!

Okay nevermind.

The graphics glitch has return and not been fixed!!!!

So sorry for the triple post.

Iphone 4s sent it ALOT of times.

Edited by kyle939