Zakaev

Disgustingly low FPS, what to do?

Forest i average around 20 fps, in the citys is a unplayable 10 fps, i have all graphical settings on lowest possible.

My specs are: Evga Nvidia GTX 560 1Gb, Intel Quad core Q8200 @ 2.33ghz, 4gb ddr3 ram, Vista 64bit.

I can max BF3 so this really bothers me :/

What can i do to increase FPS?

Edited by Zakaev

It's your CPU. Your gfx card is good enough to get higher FPS but Arma requires a good CPU.. I'd say upgrade that and you'll notice a huge increase.

• Like 1

It's your CPU. Your gfx card is good enough to get higher FPS but Arma requires a good CPU.. I'd say upgrade that and you'll notice a huge increase.

It can't be his cpu, im still on a core2duo E7500 gtx 260 sc and it runs very smooth.

Forest i average around 20 fps, in the citys is a unplayable 10 fps, i have all graphical settings on lowest possible.

My specs are: Evga Nvidia GTX 560 1Gb, Intel Quad core Q8200 @ 2.33ghz, 4gb ddr3 ram, Vista 64bit.

I can max BF3 so this really bothers me :/

What can i do to increase FPS?

It has to be in the server you're in. What are the pings of the servers you join?

Just a few pointers you may or may not have checked..

1. Whats your draw distance/visibility at in the game?? I'd probably work from 3000 and below.

2. Make sure your '3d resolution' in the graphics options aren't higher than your normal resolution.

3. Shadows can be a pretty decent drain I've found.

4. Turn off all AA, or put it on lowest possible. FXAA etc. included.

5. Turn off Post Processing, or put it on lowest possible. Apparently this can be a decent drain too..

Can probs list a few more things but I thought i'd make sure you've done all these first?

I'm having the same problem and have a 560ti 448. I have used the latest drivers since I installed the card but only had fps problems the last few days. So don't think it's that, some have rolled them back though.

Others saying it's a Dayz 1.7.2.5 issue but I can't even play Arma 2 sp now.

There are a few start up perameters that have been suggested. Some people claim that putting "-winxp" in their start up perameters helped with FPS issues.

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=6713

Heres an optimisation thread from Armaholic. Theres a poop tonne of different things in there you could try out if none of my previous suggestions worked.

I dont have the same issue with fps, my computer should be powerful enough to run dayz three times over. But it under preforms because of my grapics card drivers.

I can only hope that when DayZ comes out as a standalone it will be better optimized instead of horribly optimized arma 2

Hi everyone i solved the problem, As you could tell by my computer specs my computer should have had no problem running this game. Exept one small detail that i didn't factor in, apparently Dayz is a highly Harddrive intensive game so you if you are facing a problem similar to mine you can either buy a new harddrive or use your ram as a hardrive. Just google "Ramdisk dayz" There's many tutorials on how to do this.

Edit: I've received a uppwards of 20 extra frames by doing this*

Edited by Zakaev