62nd

Reddit Rescue Force Gets Royally Served

On a lovely night the brave reddit rescue force was attempting to setup a lovely camp per http://www.reddit.com/r/RedditRescueForce/comments/y84ve/operation_dmz_night_2/ [Now deleted per 1:16 AM MST].

It went critical mass and imploded.

* RR force thinks to setup a DMZ inside Elektro.

* RR force logs in near bay in Elektro and sets up rainbow land.

* Rainbow land is tents with gear. surrounded by 20 man rescue force with snipers.

* 62nd member logs in to RR force and offers help with a smile.

* 62nd member is just new player, wants to help, help with experiment.

* Captain Jake of the RR force gives 62nd member a grenade and cobra gun.

* 62nd member waits, takes gun and shoots Jake in the face.

* 62nd member takes grenade and bombs rainbow land full of tents.

* SITUATION ON RR COMS GOES SNAFU

* "HACKER HACKER" is heard on REDDIT COMS

* "NO ITS 62nd member! NO NO!

* Spy 62nd goes down. WE FOUND HIM.

* RR members mil about building like cows.

* 4 62nd snipers start taking out multiple RR members using sniper guns to kill the wild lumbering beast.

* RR coms going crazy "What is going on, where are these guys why are we dying"

* RR members kill other RR members. This is good.

* 1 RR member thinks to come from the west and gets killed, while going down a nice range of insults come from him. No really dude, you need to calm down, it's a game.

* More RR members die from killing each other and 62nd sniper fire.

*RR coms are in full rage mode, everyone kills everyone. There is no safe rescue ranger anymore.

* End the event with a sudden teleportation of all individuals on the server 8km off the northeastern shore. APPARENTLY SOMEONE WAS ANGRY.

Thanks Rescue Force!

• Like 24

Oh shit, we got a bad ass here!

Goodjob ruining a well planned attempt at trying to bring hope to DayZ. You seem like such a bad ass. Watch out guys.

• Like 9

Goodjob ruining a well planned attempt at trying to bring hope to DayZ. You seem like such a bad ass. Watch out guys.

Hope to Day Z? AYFKM? Haha the fact that you think you were bringing "hope" to Day Z makes it all the more funnier, seeing as how we were attempting to spread chaos, and disarray. The bandit raid was absolutely beautiful...Dat Adrenaline. I piled up an 11 body count, and only took 2 shots, which were alleviated by a teammate with a blood bag. I had a cold from proning in the water and popping up to drop people on buildings during the first phase of the ambush, and I was still dropping people while my guy was having a seizure.

• Like 9

the main and unique point of the game is choice. although i do not walk the path of the bandit, i have no disrespect for those who do, if they dont grief newbs or exploit the game.

setting up camp in one of the main cities is asking for trouble, and its always temporary. if the counter-operation ran as described above, 62nd deserve beans from their fellow bandits, for a well planned and executed op.

a salute from the carebear team

• Like 22

the main and unique point of the game is choice. although i do not walk the path of the bandit, i have no disrespect for those who do, if they dont grief newbs or exploit the game.

setting up camp in one of the main cities is asking for trouble, and its always temporary. if the counter-operation ran as described above, 62nd deserve beans from their fellow bandits, for a well planned and executed op.

a salute from the carebear team

This. Exactly this. Beans to you good sir.

• Like 3

What did they think was going to happen? This was just asking for it. The only fail here is there is no footage and no recording of teamspeak.

Edited by LunaTiK
  • Like 1

Camping cities, killing survivors,bandits and others is a great oppurtunity this game provides.

I've seen groups roll into towns with vehicles, leave the light on and honk horns while idiots flock to the vehicle crying they are friendly. Next thing you know they get mowed down.

That's the fun of the game, open choice, freedom to kill,ransom, outwit and survive.

Without these choices you'd get a pretty stale game.

Great idea RR force, hopefully others will try this as it creates good content for those.

fun stuff

Edited by 62nd

Goodjob ruining ...

No I think of it as we're just hunting prey. You're our sport. No ego thing, no huge deal, no youtube, no teamspeak recording, just a simple summary of how you became prey for someone else.

Thank you kind sir!

thank+you+sign.jpg

No I think of it as we're just hunting prey. You're our sport. No ego thing, no huge deal, no youtube, no teamspeak recording, just a simple summary of how you became prey for someone else.

You're crazy! Absolutely 100% certified nuts! It's people like you that drive this good game into the ground. You talk about choice, there's no choice when

my team starts shooting me on PURPOSE. What the heck was I supposed to do, I suddenly hear a grenade go off and the next thing you know I watch two friends

turn on me as I round the corner and open up on my ass. You bunch of sick *******. All we wanted to do was just make something nice, and what did you do...

you call it prey? That's what we are? Prey? This is a video game, it's damn pixels! You're twisted!

Wanna hear it from my side? Well you're gonna!

We were making a nice camp for everyone, and it's now gone. Simply gone from one grenade explosion.

I'm gonna get my gear and come kill you all. I'm gonna kill you 62nd!

I'm gonna get snipers, helicopters, cars and surround you. You wont be able to move one inch without your head blowing up like watermelons!

*There blew off that steam. Phew. Screw you guys!

• Like 1

You're crazy! Absolutely 100% certified nuts! It's people like you that drive this good game into the ground. You talk about choice, there's no choice when

my team starts shooting me on PURPOSE. What the heck was I supposed to do, I suddenly hear a grenade go off and the next thing you know I watch two friends

turn on me as I round the corner and open up on my ass. You bunch of sick *******. All we wanted to do was just make something nice, and what did you do...

you call it prey? That's what we are? Prey? This is a video game, it's damn pixels! You're twisted!

We were making a nice camp for everyone, and it's now gone. Simply gone from one grenade explosion.

I'm gonna get snipers, helicopters, cars and surround you. You wont be able to move one inch without your head blowing up like watermelons!

• Like 4

Basically it comes down to this. Yes, you were trying to do something for the RRF community buy building a base, we can see that. The problem is you chose to build it in the middle of Elektro right near the harbor, which is a heavily trafficked area. You also made it way too public and way too easy for bandits like us to get the drop on you.

Also, I like how you bring up the point " This is a video game, it's damn pixels." I 100% agree with you, but your anger shows that you may be taking this just a little too seriously. Like you said, it's just a game, everybody is going to play it differently. We played against you very fairly, there was no ghosting, and no hacking ( until everybody got teleported at the end, we have no idea who did that.) It was by far the most fun I've had in this game since purchasing it. And the fact that we were able to get a spy into your teamspeak made it all the better.

Once again, thank you for being good players, you guys put up a good fight. We all enjoyed ourselves and would gladly go up against the RRF again.

Also, I think the largest mistake made on the RRF's part besides location was the fact that all of your overwatch was watching the hills/roads, not the coast. And your guy with the L85 was just standing on a building out in the open, made himself a very very easy target.

Edited by NoahInVirginia

I'm going to multi-quote each and every point you made. LOL It's just pixels.

Basically it comes down to this. Yes, you were trying to do something for the RRF community buy building a base, we can see that. The problem is you chose to build it in the middle of Elektro right near the harbor, which is a heavily trafficked area. You also made it way too public and way too easy for bandits like us to get the drop on you.

It was a happy place we made and you screwed it up with your "IMMA L33T KILLAH! LOOK AT ME I SHOOTZ YOU IN THE FACE" mentality. I tell you Mr. Noah in Sandy Virginia, you know what rocket wanted when he made this game? He wanted a safe land full of tents, and now 62nd ruined it for everyone.

Also, I like how you bring up the point " This is a video game, it's damn pixels." I 100% agree with you, but your anger shows that you may be taking this just a little too seriously.

You responded to my post. Sounds like you're upset. You'll be sorry once I hunt you and your clan down with my reddit pals! Be prepared for the sky to go black with copters!

Like you said, it's just a game, everybody is going to play it differently.

What? This makes no sense. This is why we need to stop allowing free pk, and let people run about in cities.

And the fact that we were able to get a spy into your teamspeak made it all the better.

We took care of the spy.

Once again, thank you for being good players, you guys put up a good fight. We all enjoyed ourselves and would gladly go up against the RRF again.

Thanks for being players that ruined our game.

Edited by mrpineapple
  • Like 1

Hope to Day Z? AYFKM? Haha the fact that you think you were bringing "hope" to Day Z makes it all the more funnier, seeing as how we were attempting to spread chaos, and disarray. The bandit raid was absolutely beautiful...Dat Adrenaline. I piled up an 11 body count, and only took 2 shots, which were alleviated by a teammate with a blood bag. I had a cold from proning in the water and popping up to drop people on buildings during the first phase of the ambush, and I was still dropping people while my guy was having a seizure.

I am not part of RR, I wasn't there, so using "you" makes no sense. You are a meta-bandit, not a real bandit. You lurk forums just for an opportunity to wreck someone's day and that's sad. Of course your going to kill a lot of people since your abusing the water glitch, they can't see you while your underwater. I don't mind bandits, they give me something to shoot at, but meta-bandits are the worst, destroying communities one step at a time.

• Like 2

Yea, this here is a bandit forum so nobody is going to care about your "hope to Dayz" nonsense. When you run an event like this expect chaos to ensue, just be glad some script kiddie did not ruin the whole thing in a sissy way, at least it sounds like they ruined it legit (if they used scripted guns or any hacker nonsense then they should die a long horrible death, but otherwise sounds funny).

• Like 1

Mr. Pineapple, funniest part of your post was the "Rocket said" moment where you claim he wanted a safe game full of tents. If he wanted that game why did he allow PKing?

Now on to your assessment of what this game is, this game is whatever people want it to be and nothing else. I will not sit here and criticize your choice to be a survivor who does not kill people, but why should I have to follow that lead and only kill extremely easy zombies (I have not been killed by a zombie since my first week, they are beyond easy even without bullets). Killing others is what keeps everyone on their toes, otherwise it would be a server full of top geared people playing a bad version of left 4 dead (good game, but it is different). If you can not take the PVP aspect, then maybe this game is not for you. If the standalone has a server system that restricts where you can go I would be fine with a PVE set of servers that NEVER allowed those people onto PVP servers (they would have a huge advantage in gear because once again ZOMBIES ARE EASY). Until that day get used to the drama and suspense of walking around knowing a bandit might PK you any second.

PS your camp in Elektro was doomed from the start, get over it. Even if they had not come in the server to grief you then someone would have destroyed that camp on accident, or was your plan to PK every player you did not know in a high traffic area and then whine about PK.

• Like 2

well done and nice domino effect, must have been totally out of control for the RR.

a clan doing that rage whould never been able to do anything organised as a clan anyway

did i read someone say that PK was not an intentional feature of the game?

say WAAAAAAT?

i'm also laughing at all the redditfags whining about the game not being peaceful

• Like 2

Dude you have my beans for being a water monster sniper.

• Like 2

...They used the "lay under water" exploit. Sounds legit...

Exploit? What are you talking about? It's not an exploit, it's a feature of the game that provides for stealth tactics, which is what I used it for. It's not a glitch, or something that is currently broken. I was only in the water for half my kills, (they had someone in the water too), after they realized my position I changed to an anti-flanking position and sure enough they strolled up the coast attempting to get behind me. RIP. That dude talking about peace, and ruining the game is just a bad troll, not going to honor you with a quote. (Or just an absolute moron 12 year old). All I can say was? It was the most fun I've had playing this game to date, and I'd do it again, and we WILL be there to destroy all hope for civilization and "peace" in the post-apocalypse.

Edited by Zooks
  • Like 3

and we WILL be there to destroy all hope for civilization and "peace" in the post-apocalypse.

beans

• Like 2

62nd Nice job. Do they do this on the same server? If so would be nice to join in on the chaos.

62nd Nice job. Do they do this on the same server? If so would be nice to join in on the chaos.

They did do it on the same server but I won't mention the name out of respect for the Admin.