Sign in to follow this  
gwbrewer

Did rollback DayZ 1.7.2.4 + Hive 0.7.2 work?

Did any of you roll back to DayZ 1.7.2.4 + Hive 0.7.2.. If so did it help your tents and auto saves?

Thinking about the same atm if there is no vehicle/tent fix soon.

It's useless to play if you can't store your found stuff.

I've read/heard from some ppl that it works... but can't confirm it for sure

Yes I rolled back to 1.7.2.4 but still have the hive 0.7.3 and tents are saving fine now.

We are currently considering the same approach, but have two quick questions:

1) Will this bring with it any unwanted side-effects? F.ex missing inventory, vehicles, tents? Or should everything currently on the server be fine?

2) Will Rocket magically show up at our admin's house and beat him up over it?

I was able to save to tent (duping still happeneing), but still had vehicles dissapear or change to some other type after reboot.

what about the versions and how do i now which version it is by looking at my files? because I switched back via a backup feature of my provider. I have ftp access to the directories @dayz and @hive.. I downloaded the dayz server version 1724 and the file size is not all the time the same than on my server, but the server seems to run and save things fine. my hiveEXT.dll for example has a size of 122.368 bytes.

now what is broken regarding the saving, I thought after reading a lot of reports it was 1725.. then someone wrote, the hive.dll would be the problem.

so what's causing the problem (beside problems of the hive server/s themselve/s): hive 073 or dayz1725 and can hive 072 run with dayz 1725 and the same question vise versa for 1724 and hive 072?

/edit: I did some research again, and perhaps these are the two fixes needed (but you must be able to compile files..):

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/41502

https://github.com/ayan4m1/DayZ-Private/commit/ac9db685023f76449d284a7ee04bf7baac9e2031

Edited by aenima

I rolled back to .4 and it worked perfectly fine. Vehicles and tents inventories started saving. However the hive crashed and my whole server got wiped so... =P

Can Someone tell me how to manually roll back! I have a server I asked my provider to roll back, and they couldn't figure it out, so If someone could give me some direction, with download links and all I would appreciate it