Fenastus

Fall two feet, pass out and die

There was a small glitch while I was walking down stairs way north near Novy Sobor and I suddenly bounced maybe off the stairs slightly, fell two feet, passed out, got eaten by zombies, dead.

Not to mention the times when I thought a fall was safe (maybe 1.5-2 ft drop again and I would BREAK A BONE!

The fall damage is way to severe and ridiculous, it needs to be toned down a bit :/ maybe a 5-7 foot drop to break a bone? (I beleive that would be realistic as you have heavy guns and other heavy items in your backpack weighting down your legs)

Sorry, all I saw was 'Wahhhhhhh, wahhhhhhhh, wahhhhhhhhh!'

Get over it. Move on. Try something different.

Do you expect to live forever?

Knowing ArmA 2, I always treat my character as 70-years old with osteoporosis, so to date I never died to any ladder or smal bump in the terrain. :)

Sorry' date=' all I saw was 'Wahhhhhhh, wahhhhhhhh, wahhhhhhhhh!'

Get over it. Move on. Try something different.

Do you expect to live forever?

[/quote']

Yeah totally. Glitching on stairs and rocks is hardcore and you're a fucking scrubnoob if you complain. Also avian bone syndrome - look it up.

Sack up or gtfo.

man people on here can be jerks.

Yup happend to me, it would be very comical if it wasn't sooo frustraiting. Don't think much can be done though i remember from playing Arma 2 some time back when you team would hop out of a hovering heli 1 ft above the ground and all fall to the floor cluthing their knees ;)

How the hell am I being a noob for not wanting to die if I suddenly bounce off stairs?

How the hell am I being a noob for not wanting to die if I suddenly bounce off stairs?

Well, what do you want us to do about it? It's the core ARMA2 engine that's at fault, not a lot Rocket can do about that.

Learn from it.

When it comes to falling in this game, it does seem almost like everyone is made of glass. Dropping four feet in reality might be jarring, but if you land properly you can avoid injury; in contrast, I once stepped off of some stairs in a barn and fell unconscious while zombies tore out my intestines. There's being unforgiving, and then there's being cheap. Pretty unfortunate, but what are you gonna do.

Who sprints down stairs in real life any way? Walk down stairs and you will avoid 90% of all problems with them.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable brain-dead comment about CoD or carebears...

On topic though, yes, it is extreme and kind of broken. I've literally fallen down dead walking off some stairs in a barn, sliding down a 3-4 foot hay pile and watching in dismay as my feeble 70 year old body looses conciousness and bleeds to death. Not to mention suicide by door.

However, I'm obviously such a scrublord with no l33t pk skills who needs to l2vidoegame. Obviously.

wow you guys are being dicks to him.

He has a point. it IS annoying to drop so little and die... I myself have only ever had this happen to me once and it was climbing a ladder with a mak, but that is fixed now.

stop trying to justify something stupid by calling him a whiner.

Yes you can avoid it, but it is more annoying than "adds to the game". Point in case is when we get our group of 7 together every couple hours one of us will get mauled by a game glitch. Kinda sucks cuz he has to run all the way back to us.