Sign in to follow this  
ssd

Collection of suggestions for features

Here are several ideas I would love to see implemented:

1) Since dogs are already being added, and other wildlife may be considered in the standalone - there should be zombified versions of all animals added. For dogs for example, I'm picturing Resident Evil style zombie dogs, either on their own or in roving packs of zombie dogs. Some of these zombie animals should be faster than the human ones, and should be able to catch up with you even if you are running.

2) If a player is killed by zombies, they should get back up as a zombie NPC - seems like a standard component of zombie fiction/games/movies.

3) Ideally I would love to see the zombie spawn method be entirely different, but I don't know if this would be feasible. Instead of spawning them as you get close to an area, there should be a set number on the map at any given time (ideally a much larger number - see idea #4), and it should be possible to fully clear out areas.

4) Huge number of zombies, and much slower. I'm talking Romero style zombies, by the thousands. So that it will be highly possible to become surrounded by Z's and be completely screwed.

5) Related to #4 - I would love to see huge groups of zombies forming by chance, The Walking Dead style. This works much better with slow zombies, but could work with fast ones as well. With slow ones though, it allows for, for example, a single zombie to see/hear you and start following you, and another one sees it and decides to go the same way, until hours later they're still headed your way, only now there's 100 of them.

No matter what changes are made, I do believe that zombies should become a much bigger threat, since this will make PKing a much bigger deal since some level of cooperation should ideally be required for people to survive.

Please comment on any ideas you like!

EDIT: forgot one suggestion. there should be some servers with "real" permadeath. ie 1 life and if you die you're done on that server. it would really ramp up the intensity greatly.

Edited by TheRaptMuse