Sign in to follow this  
McClusterfuk

Should my Laptop do this?

My laptop is a brand new IdeaPad Y570 Laptop - 08626FU and i only get like 20 fps in fields why? should upgrading RAM help out do you think?

Edited by McClusterfuk

If its as good as your post its way overpowered

I'm not sure what your saying there if its an insult or something.

i cbf googlin your laptop, people prefer specs over branding etc, makes giving a quick response easier

bro with that money you could of built your self a decent desktop pc... this laptop seems fine but the specs are not "up to standards" for nex gen gaming.

No ram isn't going to help, those are normal FPS for your laptop in this game. I'm not sure what is limiting your fps. You could download moo0 and see if it's likely the CPU. http://www.moo0.com/.../SystemMonitor/

You can see if it's your graphics card by lowering your resolution and seeing if it improves FPS.

In the end buying a cheap laptop is never a great idea for gaming. If you bought this laptop for gaming I would return it.

Edited by LunaTiK

i was told that i would get good fps with this laptop. is their anyway i could upgrade it to get better fps?

i was told that i would get good fps with this laptop. is their anyway i could upgrade it to get better fps?

Laptops don't usually have the ability to upgrade for gaming needs. Who told you it would get good fps? People who work the floor at places like bestbuy/frys never have a clue what they are talking about and just want to sale you anything they can. I would return the computer and tell them it doesn't give you the performance you were promised.

• Like 1

I guess ill just save up to build a gaming pc i mean i like the portability of the laptop so ill just keep it, it works for now ill just have to wait until later in the year and maybe try my luck in building a pc.

I would have recommended at at least buying this one. http://www.newegg.co...N82E16834230408

For that price you could build a BEAST of a desktop though.

Later in the year you should be able to build a pretty powerful gaming desktop relatively cheap depending on what you already have and how much you want to spend on a video card.

Edited by LunaTiK

No, just need lower game settings. You have 6GB of RAM which is fine, graphics card is fine. Just your settings are off.

I would have recommended at at least buying this one. http://www.newegg.co...N82E16834230408

For that price you could build a BEAST of a desktop though.

Later in the year you should be able to build a pretty powerful gaming desktop relatively cheap depending on what you already have and how much you want to spend on a video card.

Yeah later in the year i should be able to spend atleast 1 grand on a gaming pc after i get my money back for taxes if not maybe like 700.

No more ram isn't going to help. There are multiple threads about people with your video card having poor FPS. It's really not that great of a video card for this game.

That's a shame I get like 25 fps which is fine by me but after a while it stutters which is really aggravating. I use the RAMdisk to help smooth it out but it still stutters.

Be very very careful playing Arma2/DayZ with a laptop. Mine is now out of game becouse the overheat.