Sign in to follow this  
Yarrick68 (DayZ)

Love Dayz But Time to Wait For The Stand Alone

Thank you Rocket for 2 months of a great gaming experience for a game thats not even remotely finished and is about as immersive of an experience I have ever had in a game, I can't even imagine how good your finished product will be like, and look foward to the next incarnation of this game.

Also wanted to thank you for reminding me why I bought Arma 2 three years ago. After playing Battlefield 3 for the past 6 months it was refreshing to play on an open world that pays attention to little details like bugs swarming around you in a field, I know I will be getting Arma 3 on launch day...

Unfortunatly the hacking has brought trying to play with friends to a stand still. I have been dealing with regular FPS hacks for over a decade in games and just take the wall hacks, radar, aimbots with part of the territory and move on after encountering them. But I am guessing with the open nature of Arma 2 engine for a mature community to create mods allows some of the really crazy stuff that is appearing lately like teleporting characters, the thunderdome, and even recently the moon crashed into the ground causing huge explosions for a while. Sorry the "script kiddies" have taken over your game but I am sure once you get a stand alone you can lock some code down and reduce the hacking to "normal" fps levels and I will definatly play regularly again at that point.

Now time to try and get a Beta key for Dust 514 and play some BF3 till Arma 3 and Standalone Dayz is out :)