Sign in to follow this  
Cush (DayZ)

NY15 - Free Wallhacks?

Hey.

Just played on NY15 and it appears everyone on the server can see everything through walls and from miles away - Zombies, animals etc. Never seen this before so I'm assuming it isnt an option of the mod.

Everyone was asking about it when they got on.

Screenshot (The picture doesnt show through walls, but you can see the white circles on the zombies, which also show through walls and from really far away):

http://i.imgur.com/ODJH8

Was just gonna make a post about this.. there were very few zombies on server too, all highlighted and visible through walls

Let me explain what is happening here.

In ArmA 2 there are varying difficulty levels.

Recruit - Being the lowest, with casual easy mode peripheral vision like dots on everything, which is what you are seeing in that server

Regular

Veteran - The locations of units no longer show on the map (IMO the optimal difficulty for most DayZ servers)

Expert -Being the highest, with 3rd person disabled.

Its up to the Admin/Moderator of the server what difficulty level it is set to and there is a large amount of difficulty related settings that can be edited to suit the host.

You can see exactly what the default settings are for each difficulty your self by going into (IIRC) Options -> Difficulty Options.

TL;DR - Not a cheat but simply a server set to the lowest difficulty level.

This is an arma 2 feature. If you don't like it, just join a server running a higher difficulty setting.

Ah okay, I had never seen anything like it in all of the servers I had joined and everyone in the chat seemed to be equally puzzled so I figured it was some kind of modification on the server.